Beam fx

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
hey guys saw the new beam fx behind the model i dunno what it is but its looks kinda bit overload for me
POTW 03 02 2014.png

the old one was way better without this fx
POTW 07 28 2013.jpg

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm sure they will tweak it.

Discord Member
Best answers
Yea it looks stupid @Dalte. Apparently he likes to go overboard. It isn't needed in my opinion, and its biggest crime is that it is on, like, a 2 second repeat or something. Does a one rotation and then repeats; looks bad. If you want to have this feature, attach it to a power struggle or maybe make it only appear when you are ascended instead of having it out all the time. Also make it look better :p

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IME Dalte is constantly tweaking and experimenting, going all out with various ideas regardless of whether he intends them to be permanent or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the assets used for those 2 examples are long gone history now.

Discord Member
Best answers
IME Dalte is constantly tweaking and experimenting, going all out with various ideas regardless of whether he intends them to be permanent or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the assets used for those 2 examples are long gone history now.
Nah, that effect from behind is still very much in the game. You can see it in the Dev diary that Dalte released a few weeks ago. I get your point; we are just articulating that this particular design isn't very good at all.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it best to point out that Dalte is more than aware of what is up to scratch, and that there is actually a method hidden beneath his madness. Mostly. He has a tendency to amp things up to ridiculousness, and there is a purpose to that beyond sheer amusement. Being familiar with fx design and graphics, I see it as more of a case where it's more important to get the fx routine working suitably that the art side almost does itself. I am honestly shocked that it's apparently still in the inteam though, that must be a commit record for him surely? lol

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's meant to be air/power/whatever flowing back over the character

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom