ESF and Unity

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So, i have a question, wouldnt it be better to make the game in unity? engine i basicly unlimited, maps can be a lot more bigger, characters would have more details, not to mention that everything would be more detailed, example is SLO, game in progress that uses unity, map is large, its quite detailed, yes its a bit heavier game, but almost any PC can handle it, it also goes faster with Unity in mu opinion, and you can have browser and standalone version. Im not sure if you could transfer all the progress you did so far, but it would be cool if you could, did i mention its easy to code in it? :)

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Details and maps still have to be done, so we wouldn't gain anything from it. More over we would have to buy Unity, recode the entire game, redo all maps, all models and besides Unity sucks :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hahahahaha, naw, it doesnt suck, you can make maps large as ****, but doing everything over would suck, unless you made the game into MMO, where you could pick or get random race. Though this is and will be deathmatch type xD
Guess i got my question answered, but if you vheck SLO, you might change ur mind :p

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Details and maps still have to be done, so we wouldn't gain anything from it. More over we would have to buy Unity, recode the entire game, redo all maps, all models and besides Unity sucks :D
Let me rethink what you just said there awhile ago Ryokeen. If you redo the best greatest game that you ever made from Unity, it will all suck?

[video=youtube;-7CHPgKHj8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7CHPgKHj8Q[/video]

I am going to share you this video (even though you've already seen it before) because I think some of you may have not seen games made by Unity and they are some great game makers everywhere who made their own video game with Unity.

Now, I am not saying you are cocky to understand or asking that you should use Unity to redo the whole game Ryo. Unity is the best program for game makers to use and with good features. If you don't use it, that's fine but if you use it then again that's fine. Honestly, I do recommend you all Developers should stick with the modification of half life. I don't want you guys to waste your time, breaking your backs on your chair and give up on the game you have made for us to all to see. Unity is going to get you as far to finish the rest of the game and it is going to take a lot of time to get it done.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wish they would release that naruto game made in unity pro as open source, would love to extend the game..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now, I am not saying you are cocky to understand or asking that you should use Unity to redo the whole game Ryo. Unity is the best program for game makers to use and with good features. If you don't use it, that's fine but if you use it then again that's fine. Honestly, I do recommend you all Developers should stick with the modification of half life. I don't want you guys to waste your time, breaking your backs on your chair and give up on the game you have made for us to all to see. Unity is going to get you as far to finish the rest of the game and it is going to take a lot of time to get it done.
Im a tad late to the party due to connection issues im having so i cant really be online a lot (allmost all the time). But as far as engines go, the Unreal Engine is years ahead compared to anything Unity can dish out. Also the selling model for unity (last i checked so i may be wrong here) is a limited access engine to tinker with unless you actually buy the thing. Only then can you even use its full capabilities.

So if anything while unity is more basic to get in to it falls short where it matters. For the past few years thebest engine on the market is and has been the Unreal Engine simply due to its versitility. But here is a different conundrum. ESF uses a totally redesigned engine. While some things are still GoldSRC based, practically everything has been custom made for ESF. And as such a custom engine designed and coded for a speciffic project is allways a better choice compared to an engine that has "features for everyone to use". A more focused product will have more quality compared to a general purpose one, provided the people making it have the necesarry capabilities to create it correctly.

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
UE4 FTW :-D

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I know my post is a tad bit late, but since Unity 5.x, you can use every portion of Unity freely now. Going Pro does grant other things outside the engine itself (mainly powerful tools that can aid in development), you have full access to the engine now.

As for Unreal Engine 4, that is something I would use considering I have a background in C++ (though I also have some background in C#). However, I've been working on a virtual machine using SDL 2.0 (currently SDL 2.0.3). There will be a binary version and hopefully a successful HTML5 version (using Emscripten).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom