How many modellers do you guys want to complete your final game?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am concerned of how many years ESF has been under construction for the past 8 and a half years of their unfinished final game that needs a lot of characters, a good environment, and what ever you guys have put to make such a interesting game for all of us to play and have fun with.

What I see from this forum, is like I'm seeing a small group of people working together and a big group of people watching them doing their job to keep the crowds attention and some left because they didn't have the time to wait until their job is done. There isn't anyone there to help them, they're just a minority of people working together on their thing and trying to get it done but they can't because they do not have all day to finish it.

What we all need is, we need more people working with them by showing support without tearing them down like papers being stapled to the walls, shredding them into pieces and burning them down to ashes.

It's almost 8 years, and I expect ESF needs more helpers. Not just watchers who won't do anything or say anything like the 2 dummies Beavis and Butthead sitting inside of a theatre eating their popcorn and not memorizing shit from what they saw on the big screen.

At the end of this note I want to ask you guys a question... DO you still want more modellers to help you finish your final project of your video game?

Last edited:
Best answers
Additional modellers is always good, so I'm suggesting you to find some. But I think they are struggling with different things right now

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this a serious question? Because there's been a news post on the main page asking for help for ages

We've been asking for help for even longer.

Problem is we get it, half a model is done and abandoned, nobody is serious enough

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ESF devs,
Have you tried asking around in Moddb?
If you narrow your search and focus only on people with a notable portfolio, won't take long to find some good assets. The focus hast to be mainly on people that have worked on mods that are popular and have actually been released. Anyways, I think the effort has to be more of a headhunting thing rather than a "hope someone sees my ad".

Asking around won't hurt. It doesn't make you look bad at all. ESF is a professional looking game and your work speaks for itself. If your worried this makes you look desperate, it doesn't.

Discord Member
Best answers
let's not forget about all the models that people make that won't be used for ESF Final. I think i saw someone make a Beerus model ... yeah; not gonna happen XD

Best answers
ESF devs,
Have you tried asking around in Moddb?
If you narrow your search and focus only on people with a notable portfolio, won't take long to find some good assets. The focus hast to be mainly on people that have worked on mods that are popular and have actually been released. Anyways, I think the effort has to be more of a headhunting thing rather than a "hope someone sees my ad".

Asking around won't hurt. It doesn't make you look bad at all. ESF is a professional looking game and your work speaks for itself. If your worried this makes you look desperate, it doesn't.
ESF team definitely needs a headhunter in Moddb. Maybe active forum members can help with headhunting in Moddb?

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
There is always a way - learn things yourself, invest your time into it and you shall see. There is a side of this, that the project is simply can't go forward as the personal life and many other factors interfere all the time. Not mentioning about technology research and all. Development is not just a plain coding/models creation. It's much more. Especially mod/indie development is always a struggle as you have thing that you need to overcome. Besides projects like these are always prioritized as personal skill growth. So that's why it's very hard to find someone eager enough.

If you want to help and do not know where to start, here is the solution - learn zbrush. It's ultimate tool today for everything. Simplified, yet incredibly powerful. You can do modeling, uv mapping, high poly sculpting and texturing there. Not mentioning optimization methods and many other things.

No resources?
No excuses in this case, I'm afraid.
Internet is full with various of material to study.
Does it interfere with your moral and you don't want to download tutorials for free? There is a solution to that - well there are TONS of free materials.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zbrush+introduction
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zbrush+sculpting+tutorial+for+beginners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jl004CjUXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tT5pyns8zg

Here you go. Better use your time studying the material, instead posting worthless, yet time consuming, posts. The answer was provided by the staff million times. Rhetorical statements are useless here, unfortunately. So either way accept things as they are or get involved into development processes yourself.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ramunas, being hostile about it won't help. I was merely providing a solution because it seems the Devs are waiting for someone highly commited to just "drop by". I think rather than announce a necessity, actively looking for someone to add to the team is the way to go.

Anyways, thank you for the links. Unfortunately my workload is heavy and I have no time to learn Zbrush.

I can make a Moddb account and take the time to contact people I think are highly skilled.

If the team allows me to speak in behalf of them, I can get right to it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We actually tried going though moddb. And pretty much anyone we got in contact with initially thought it was a commercial game and then dropped their interest once they found out it was a free mod.

There were a few others who didnt even finish their trial models before dissappearing.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why are people so hanged up on the money nowadays when they should put their heart into game making other than raking cash? It's all about the money. If it wasn't for the money than they'll have to jump in and cooperate so this mod will be done without slugging it out.

Last edited:
Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Ramunas, being hostile about it won't help.
Hostile? Excuse me. Now point me exactly where I was being hostile? About explaining how these business work? That people could rather DO something instead? Developers are all very bored with the same-o-same questions and the rules should be much more rigorous. And with my first reply, I was referring to FalconFury mainly.

Although, I admire you for an attempt to look for a help. That's how this topic should have started in the first place.

FalconFury said:
Why are people so hanged up on the money nowadays when they should put their heart into game making other than raking cash? It's all about the money. If it wasn't for the money than they'll have to jump in and cooperate so this mod will he done without slugging it out.
Wow. Those are some amazing words that touched my heart. I would have never come up with that by myself.... or wait...? I think I did. Oh yeah. Those couples attempts at the grocery store when I was trying to say that they should give everything I took such as non-important things like bread, eggs, salads and other groceries, for free, they didn't seem to like this and my words about me developing something did not touch their hearts. At the very end, I still had to pay. But still, that's a really good question. Why do we need money anyway? We definitely GET PC's/Laptop for free as well. Yeah. Economy does not exist. That's some incredible insight.

Last edited:
Best answers
Why are people so hanged up on the money nowadays when they should put their heart into game making other than raking cash? It's all about the money. If it wasn't for the money than they'll have to jump in and cooperate so this mod will be done without slugging it out.
Some people living from creating games, so ofc they will need money for that

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Most people don't realize that IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY MAKING GAMES YOU NEED A PORTFOLIO SHOWING HI-QUALITY WORK if you wish for anyone to take you seriously. It goes to show the inexperience of these people who left, as they didn't study the game or it's mechanics or it's relation to the Dragon Ball Z Universe.

For many who wish to get into game design something like this, which has a completely different gameplay style than anything else out there would be the golden jewel in their portfolio.

I remember when ThatGameCompany was small and unknown, and released a very interesting FREE game called ThatCloudGame; and because of it got a deal with sony to make three more timeless classics called Flow, Flower, & Journey.

But if you are only in it for the money then this isn't a very rewarding industry. The team is in it because of their love for the Universe it is set in, being able to develop their own skill, and to give back to those who helpped support the same Universe that inspired them. And I dare say that their vision of ESF is more accurate to DBZ than anything made by anyone holding the official license.

Last edited:
Best answers
Is this a serious question? Because there's been a news post on the main page asking for help for ages

We've been asking for help for even longer.

Problem is we get it, half a model is done and abandoned, nobody is serious enough
If you're talking about me, actually, I was very serious about my models. Not to sound like a 12 year old, but it was kinda the teams fault that I didn't complete the models. At some point I even though that they were so picky because the didn't want my models. But maybe they wanted higher quality models, not sure, in my opinion, the C17 I made would fit right in Esf:F
And fyi, C17 was 98% complete, but yamcha did need more work, I'll give you that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom