Unpredictability

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
This is not so much to do with ESF Final but with ESF overall.
Sometimes playing esf feels a bit confusing, ill try to explain this feeling as much as i can.
Im an average player, i can tell when a player is good or bad by fighting them, i can easily beat up someone worse than me and get beaten up by a pro who is wayy faster than me at everything because it makes sense, hes better than me so he should beat me easily, i have no problems with that, but sometimes, just sometimes, i get a weird feeling when im fighting certain types of players, sometimes it just feels like mindless flying, i dont get hit nor do i hit anything ,both he and me feel like two numb beings flying around, mindlessly, im just moving my mouse in all directions in the hopes anything happens and i often forget what im doing in those situations, like i lose control of it all and just try to get something out of it and its that type of unpredictability that makes ,sometimes, fighting confusing.
I only get that with this game and maybe its because the movement is so unlimited, maybe its because i have yet to get used to certain characters speed but im not sure, has this ever happenned to you ? How do you deal with this?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is not so much to do with ESF Final but with ESF overall.
Sometimes playing esf feels a bit confusing, ill try to explain this feeling as much as i can.
Im an average player, i can tell when a player is good or bad by fighting them, i can easily beat up someone worse than me and get beaten up by a pro who is wayy faster than me at everything because it makes sense, hes better than me so he should beat me easily, i have no problems with that, but sometimes, just sometimes, i get a weird feeling when im fighting certain types of players, sometimes it just feels like mindless flying, i dont get hit nor do i hit anything ,both he and me feel like two numb beings flying around, mindlessly, im just moving my mouse in all directions in the hopes anything happens and i often forget what im doing in those situations, like i lose control of it all and just try to get something out of it and its that type of unpredictability that makes ,sometimes, fighting confusing.
I only get that with this game and maybe its because the movement is so unlimited, maybe its because i have yet to get used to certain characters speed but im not sure, has this ever happenned to you ? How do you deal with this?
Its pretty much a trope of this game. Basically it happens when both players are of equally good skill, so it turns in to a waiting game for the first person to make a misstake. It can become quite a psychological battle really, just waiting out and dodging, trying to find that one opening, that one misstake that he will make that will allow you to get a hit in.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that one mistake which results in you getting hit into the ceiling 20 times and losing full health without being allowed to do anything about it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Glad that will be taken out in the Final.
Just kinda worries me , if im not able to get used to this much speed without losing control ill probably struggle even more in 1.3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that one mistake which results in you getting hit into the ceiling 20 times and losing full health without being allowed to do anything about it.
Yea ive always hated the cell games map for being so small. That said the first rules that were made forbade any sort of bouncing off the map limitations. IE you can blame that one on the newer generation of players.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
sometimes ping, lag and rates are involved with the hit time and distance
sometimes i don't even see where and when i connected some hits

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom