This Needs attention - Charging beam while already moving

Discord Member
Best answers
soooo Kynetik posted this in another thread and i thought it was a good idea for discussion.

Could you please clarify the mechanics in terms of gliding?

It makes sense to me that whilst charging a finisher move, movement via user input is locked. Will take some getting used to, but it's a solid concept.
But what about the influence of physics? If a player is gliding/falling through the air and starts charging their finisher move, does the player lose momentum, or are they suddenly jerked to zero velocity?
If the latter is true, then it seems a waste deploying an actual physics engine.
I for one like the idea of momentum loss once u start to channel something. Having it go straight to zero in an instance is a bit odd i think, but having ur character slow down to barely moving at all definitely makes more sense to me than a sudden stop. And the deceleration rate should b high enough to make it non exploitable. Any one else's thoughts?

Another idea could be, once u start to try and channel a spell, ur momentum begins to slow down but it doesn't actually start the charging once you stop

The stop time should be less than a second IMO

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We dont have instant stops anymore. Its all momentum based. This includes movement to. So you cant really make 90° angle turns anymore since the momentum needs to shift properly. So you slide a bit as you turn with swoop speeds.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We dont have instant stops anymore. Its all momentum based. This includes movement to. So you cant really make 90° angle turns anymore since the momentum needs to shift properly. So you slide a bit as you turn with swoop speeds.
He was asking about the momentum while charging beams i think ? Like if you fly really fast, and start charging a beam(ki or more advanced one like kamehameha) would you instantly stop or you can start charging once you're @ 0 speed ?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sounds incredibly versatile. I wonder how well it flows in-game in a match!?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was asking about the momentum while charging beams i think ? Like if you fly really fast, and start charging a beam(ki or more advanced one like kamehameha) would you instantly stop or you can start charging once you're @ 0 speed ?
We dont have instant stops anymore. Its all momentum based.
And i answered and gave an example. ^^;

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And i answered and gave an example. ^^;
So basically, you're flying really fast and you start charging, you will start charging and slowly stop, and be unable to move after stopping.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically, you're flying really fast and you start charging, you will start charging and slowly stop, and be unable to move after stopping.
Correct. Though you wont really travel a far distance, but you will still travel a little further.

Discord Member
Best answers
does the charging start once u stop or as soon as u start to slow down?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thankyou Grega :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom