ESF 1.3 open beta

Best answers
Hi guys im looking for some help there is some known problems with the bots in 1.3 and whenever I host a game it pauses at "parsing server info" and then i get an error dll differs from the server (this error occurs in the 1.3 christmas special release)

my main question is how can i host the game without it erroring at parsing server info and when i can get through that how do i fix the bots issue i know there must be some way to play 1.3 without real errors ect

Me and my friend really want to play 1.3 open beta but it keeps erroring or is the only problem that you must be online using steam? because we are using offline HL1 to play the game

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
First of all 1.3 is very buggy i tried it some time ago too, u can't play with bots without getting any kind of error, I don't think that it's because u don't use steam as I said it's very buggy and u can't play with bots tried it too.If u want to play esf, then try the 1.2.3. version it's stable and playable with bots.You can also download the mod. ecx and the big pack for it, if u think that 8 characters are too few.If there is any way to fix your problems, I don't know it. I can only suggest u to play 1.2.3

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
*Turns on one of the ESF 1.3 versions*

*Glide doesn't work*

*Quits the game*

P.S. I would still play Final, though. With huge pleasure. Screw the glide.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Turns on one of the ESF 1.3 versions*

*Glide doesn't work*

*Quits the game*

P.S. I would still play Final, though. With huge pleasure. Screw the glide.

Oh glide works. But its a REALL hastle to pull it off due to the swoop mechanics. Glide working as well as it does in 1.2.3 is actually because of doubletapping. We removed that, so now while it works its really hard to pull off due the the need for an extra swoop button ^^

@thread You need to be using it with STEAM and you need to be making an online server, not a LAN server.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Do you want to say that glide has become more difficult because you need to press the direction button just once, instead of doing it twice?
Otherwise I guess I didn't understand what you've said.

Also, are you talking about Final or 1.3? :>

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you want to say that glide has become more difficult because you need to press the direction button just once, instead of doing it twice?
Otherwise I guess I didn't understand what you've said.

Also, are you talking about Final or 1.3? :>
No it became more difficult because you have a swoop button that you have to time in to the glide. Meaning instead of timing 2 buttons you now have to time 3.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sounds like something worth of mastering ;)
Still don't quite understand though.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like something worth of mastering ;)
Still don't quite understand though.
Basically put its more annoying cause you have to be pressing 2 buttons for swooping now so your timing is off. Will need practice to get round tha awkward feeling of holding down a button to enter swoop mode.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
a swoop button is much more logical to me, in the series they didn't only dash, they could fly like superman how much they want if they'd like to

******* 1.2.3 double tap swoop doesn't always listen to me, act like I press once then some noob comes and hit me by luck.. ******* laptop and 1.2.3

I blame grega

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom