[Old PotW] POTW - 1/5/14

Best answers
Sweet, sweet Moses. That is a good looking picture, does the water become darker with weather changes meow?

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What! That looks insanely good!
Also the effects are big in size which makes it all more powerful looking as well. Kinda of like how it is in the shows.

Really a big change from last water pictures, and I like it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks nice, except that the skybox is a bit blurry, unless it's a blur effect.

also not sure if possible, but it would be nice if those effect get scaled with the powerlevels. ( with a maximum offcourse)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy crap. That is one awesome screenshot.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Awesome! Does that same water effect work with ki blast's? If that does, that be awesome....

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jesus this is a good wallpaper.

Damn man, that water effect is so god damn gorgeous, you guys have really outdone yourselves with this week's POTW this time.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wow.. Amazing picture! Well done devs

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That uninterrupted gameplay footage is amazing!

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow, this is one of the pictures that are ******* awesome. Maybe the water splashes could be a little darker, but that could be just me.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
nah nah this just 30%pure photoshop and 2000000000% mind blowingly badass

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really liked that part of this particular POTW where we got to see the WIP models' progress, those awesome finished animations of piccolo's, and that new map.

******* awesome guys!

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I really liked that part of this particular POTW where we got to see the WIP models' progress, those awesome finished animations of piccolo's, and that new map.

******* awesome guys!
Man...

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has a point, Robiz. You cant expect people to stay engaged when the updates are scarce and lack new information.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He has a point, Robiz. You cant expect people to stay engaged when the updates are scarce and lack new information.
But what if devs don't have anything new to show, because it's not in a decent version to show, with some visual bugs. You wouldn't want to see black spots all over the place, right ?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. I'm pretty sure Dark and Zeo would care the least about "black spots".

2. The team has plenty to show. I personally don't care and am happy with the content that gets shown, but let's be honest here and not pretend that they don't have a lot more content to show.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But what if devs don't have anything new to show, because it's not in a decent version to show, with some visual bugs. You wouldn't want to see black spots all over the place, right ?
Yes, we want to see the bugs, the works in progress, the flaws and crazy misplaced black spots. I mean, I dont speak for everyone, but I think its nice to see progress in bits and pieces. Back in the day when modeling was really busy, people would post bits of their work, little by little, poly by poly (metaphorically speaking), then a wire frame, skin map and a final product if it made it that far.

Im not saying were entitled to anything, Mastasurf can come shut this place down if he wants, but like I said if you want to keep people engaged and interested and want to follow the mod and not make it seem like nobody gives a damn, then something would have to be changed. Regardless of how much progress was being made, I think recall a good amount of updates being shared in the beta phases, weather it was pictures, a short blurb on the main site or an awesome video of someone flying around a map. And I dont want to hear anything about jumping into team speak for updates. Thats what the damn forum is for.

My .02 cents from a long time follower's point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom