Latest video from Raven about destruction test on esf final

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello this is a video from esf team of destruction test by Raven but remastered audio and video quality is by me ! XD
Note: this is only a prototype level Raven used for his school essey on level deestruction in games. The feature is not a 100% guarantee to even be in the final
Remastered video:
[video=youtube;jv9JCUXzOkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9JCUXzOkE[/video]
i think Raven you are doing awesome job keep with it !!!

original non remastered video : (look at the changes from the remastered and tell me what you think !)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/destruction-prototype-test

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Yeah, I cant believe what you guys can do with hl1. Awesome

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This looks amazing! I hope you will get a great mark for this on your project.

The obvious question is obvious though. Will servers be able to handle all of this happening plus 10-20 (i forgot what the limit of people in this game was) people blasting the shit out of each-other, not only from a performance perspective but also from a as much as possible lag-free experience...

Smarter people than me will know what I'm asking about... if you want translate...

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This looks amazing! I hope you will get a great mark for this on your project.

The obvious question is obvious though. Will servers be able to handle all of this happening plus 10-20 (i forgot what the limit of people in this game was) people blasting the shit out of each-other, not only from a performance perspective but also from a as much as possible lag-free experience...

Smarter people than me will know what I'm asking about... if you want translate...
Trust me, they're more than aware to what you've just said...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah i think this is a bit to much for esf to handle with all those ppl.
Even battlefield 4 doesn't have that kind of destruction.

Except nvidia physx demo's or was it just a physx demo, not sure, i haven't seen anything alike in a game.

Maybe with prefractures but realtime? =/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i think this is a bit to much for esf to handle with all those ppl.
Even battlefield 4 doesn't have that kind of destruction.

Except nvidia physx demo's or was it just a physx demo, not sure, i haven't seen anything alike in a game.

Maybe with prefractures but realtime? =/
Its all made by prefractures. Thats how APEX works. The difference is the number of prefractures. The bigger the number, the more random and natural it looks, but ofcourse at he same time the more resources it needs to calculate the phsyics for all those pieces flying round.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
wow this is really cool stuff i think i have two good opinions for the mappers or Raven to choose:
1) the mappers wiil optimize this destruction and choose a few environment stuff they think can be cool to destroy and get a hard work for those only and make it very advanced and cool.
or the second:
2)to do a lot of environment stuff they choose and will make them destructible and advanced for making it more cool and then make a dragon balls in any server and randomly put them any time after a wish or before anyone doing a wish
and then you can to ask for the dragon ball "rebuild" the environment that has been destroyed.
i think it's pretty good ideas what are you think ??

Best answers
wow this is really cool stuff i think i have two good opinions for the mappers or Raven to choose:
1) the mappers wiil optimize this destruction and choose a few environment stuff they think can be cool to destroy and get a hard work for those only and make it very advanced and cool.
or the second:
2)to do a lot of environment stuff they choose and will make them destructible and advanced for making it more cool and then make a dragon balls in any server and randomly put them any time after a wish or before anyone doing a wish
and then you can to ask for the dragon ball "rebuild" the environment that has been destroyed.
i think it's pretty good ideas what are you think ??
Yeah, the second one is better!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, I can now surely go to cryogenic sleep, because with all these features poping up the release is nothing short of 2030.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I can now surely go to cryogenic sleep, because with all these features poping up the realease is nothing short of 2030.
This feature was a school thesis for Raven. This video is the prototype for that thesis.

Best answers
I think its a little too much. It feels a bit too realistic and im not sure if its gonna fit well with the animations of the characters. I think it should be more like the tenkaichi games where its all pre-animated that way it could suit the show better but this is just my opinion.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
don't go comparing tenkaichi to esf.
Theres a reason i still play esf once in a while and tenkaichi is eating dust on top of my ps.

You could make some intresting stuff with this,
Could compare it to levolution of battlefield 4 i guess.

I'm just not sure when this eats resources.
When it's unbroken only? like when it gets destroyed it doesn't stress out the server/client.

btw the login buttons were screwed up when i tried to log in. :p

Also, is it possible to put in some physics objects in the game?
Like cars that can be blown away and kill ppl when in contact at high speeds?
Could be some stones in other maps i guess, but you know just to have that random laugh when a player gets smacked by something
unforseen. (not sure if it's mentioned before)

Tbh this should be frontpage news. it's better than the pics.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't go comparing tenkaichi to esf.
Theres a reason i still play esf once in a while and tenkaichi is eating dust on top of my ps.

You could make some intresting stuff with this,
Could compare it to levolution of battlefield 4 i guess.

I'm just not sure when this eats resources.
When it's unbroken only? like when it gets destroyed it doesn't stress out the server/client.

btw the login buttons were screwed up when i tried to log in. :p

Also, is it possible to put in some physics objects in the game?
Like cars that can be blown away and kill ppl when in contact at high speeds?
Could be some stones in other maps i guess, but you know just to have that random laugh when a player gets smacked by something
unforseen. (not sure if it's mentioned before)

Tbh this should be frontpage news. it's better than the pics.
The frontpage news was the entire document with the thesis Raven had to made.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Guys I am new to these forums and I used to be alishan22 on ZEQ2 lite forums.I had a question in mind that its been quite a while since any update came.So whats up?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys I am new to these forums and I used to be alishan22 on ZEQ2 lite forums.I had a question in mind that its been quite a while since any update came.So whats up?
Well essentially just a tad lazy with the POTWs.

Other than that. We got basic form Gohan back in the game withcorrected settings, so he no longer looks like he was ran over by an entire paint production plant ^^

There are also updates to the camera provider so that it will hopefully no longer spaz out when 2 effects overleap.Updates to the renewed beems and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom