How's The Progress?

Super Sand Legend
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey peepz, i've been lurking around, visiting this page a few times a month, and i'm just wondering..

Everything seems extremely quiet here. Is this a good sign that ur hurrying to finish the game, or a just sign that the development is going very slowly?

What has happened lately in the Development? I know this question will satisfy not only me, but many other people as well.

This is NOT a question about the release.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess the loudest update would be that Ryo fixed a bug which caused ATI cards to only display the HUD and skybox, but no world or character geomerty or effects.

But yea Ryo finally located and fixed the issue. And he used up a few months constantly checking for possible causes so i say props for that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I guess the loudest update would be that Ryo fixed a bug which caused ATI cards to only display the HUD and skybox, but no world or character geomerty or effects.

But yea Ryo finally located and fixed the issue. And he used up a few months constantly checking for possible causes so i say props for that.
hey i'm just wondering how did you fixing bugs and lags ???

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey i'm just wondering how did you fixing bugs and lags ???
lags? You mean ping?

As for bug fixes its always the same. Once you find a bug, you have to find out how to recreate it, after that you have to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem by going over the given results while comparing them with the expected results and once you find exactly what is causing the issue, you have to change it in a way that it works and isnt causing the issue anymore.

That goes for your regular code related bugs. Stuff like not connected verts in the maps or bad UVWs and similar you simply have to edit the model.

Then you also have to tell the difference when you encounter a bug that us caused by a system that is still being worked on, but not fully finished yet. Telling appart the regular code bugs and the unfinished system bugs is a bit tougher though, since often the bug appears in a way that you would think its related to something else.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
As for the ATI fix...i couldn't fix it until it happend on my Laptop aswell...and it was a plain stupid 1 liner bug...like instead of a 1 somewhere in the code there was a 2. Most GPUs didn't bother but older Nvidia and all ATI's did....

Best answers
As for the ATI fix...i couldn't fix it until it happend on my Laptop aswell...and it was a plain stupid 1 liner bug...like instead of a 1 somewhere in the code there was a 2. Most GPUs didn't bother but older Nvidia and all ATI's did....
Jesus, 1 number caused that? lol

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's coding all right. One wrong number of symbol can **** everything up.
Also i think it's nice that we got to know this. Even small things like this matter. I appreciate this.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea, sharing results, even small ones, with community is an exceptionally good idea.
I hope u'll keep it up.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I bet you double face palmed when you found that out :D When i was trying to code, i remember sometimes even forgotten, or accidentally deleted ";" or "." could cause the whole code not work.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs

take one down

patch it around

118 little bugs in the code

Or atleast, that's how I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom