How did you find ESF?

Discord Member
Best answers
I made a same thread about this back in 2011, and the thread ended up dead ofcourse hehe, so how did you guys found esf?
I remember somewhere in 2008 i found an ESF video, and then i came across the forums, and was just watching it for a while, until i made a account somewhere in 2009. So how did you find your way to the forums? let me know in this thread! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Best answers
Every so often I'd look up DBZ mods on google and youtube, for a long time I thought Bid for Power was the best DBZ mod...... Anyways I looked again in 2011 and found this mod and began playing it - I've been doing so ever since. Last year I thought it would have been nice to have been a part of the community back when the game was more lively, but I really like the people that currently play. I feel like a lot of people that came back these past 2 years were all pro's so when I see a 1v1 I try and get footage of it because it's so epic to me.

When Final is released I know this place will be overflowing with attention, I don't know if that will be good or bad or what, but I'll definitely be there.

good shit

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
mhm my brother showed me this game... He showed me this trailer [video=youtube;SrKl-RqzbGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrKl-RqzbGA[/video]....and after i saw this...I just though "awesome..." I almost cried because of it's awesomnis ^^. And after an while I joined the community :).

Ps: Don't let this thread down tell ur stories! :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back in 2002 it was on a demo CD from a game magazine named "Software Power"

Best answers
I found esf when I went to a Lan Cafe. It was a little treasure really, I had seen the name Earths Special Forces in their games list and had no idea what it was until I had Launched it, Been playing, watching the forums and website since. I have been following the game since 2004-2005. can't remember the exact time. my little cousin and I have had some fun times.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like 10 years ago I go downstairs to see my brother and his friend downstairs playing against each other. I thought it looked cool, and here I am.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found ESF when my most inherent desire, the merger of both Half-Life and Dragonball, was brought forth into existence by my sheer willpower.

True Story.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just stumbled on it when browsing through half-life mods looking for Sven co-op on Moddb. Got hooked when I joined a server and saw what people could do.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I played Bid for Power for a while because I was looking for Dragonball Z games at the age of 10-12. After a while of EBFP, ESF went from Alpha to Beta (I think) and that was when I started playing. It was the coolest game I could have ever imagined, soaring in esf_namek and trying all of the characters that were available. So my friend and I, two Dragonball Z fans in 6th grade started duking it out over LAN and online! Good times.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I found it while surfing Youtube. About 2 years later, I searched for it again. Then I decided to watch Dragonball (Z). Now I'm here. :p

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
9-10 years ago i was desperatly looking for a DB, DBZ game for PC the only stuff i found was mugen, which was kinda meh... Can't remember clearly now but i think i eventually stumbled opon the site tru google search and was like WTF WTF WTF!! while i pressed download :)

Last edited:
The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I got Half-Life in the late 90's and discovered mods like Sven Co-op and Counter Strike, played mainly those 2 mods for awhile until I got bored. Searched for other HL mods (I think on PlanetHalflife) and found there was Dragonball Z ones, got both DMZ and ESF. At the time ESF didn't really have much of a melee system so I played mostly DMZ until ESF 1.0 was released, DMZ basically died out so I just stuck with ESF.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found out about ESF back in 2004 from some friends. In 2005 i got my internet connection set up and started playing online and registered to the forums in 2006.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Started playing the Alpha in 2002 when a buddy of mine told me to check it out. I had a slow internet connection at the time, so when the bots were created I thought that was the coolest shit ever. It was on this forum that I learned about modeling, animating and amateur script writing. Good times, having power struggles so great, that they crashed the server.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Back in 2002 / 2003 I went to a LAN cafe at a mayor shopping mall and having some time to kill before catching a movie, decided to have a quick game. Saw some kids playing some ESF 1.1 (I think) and had a crack at it and LOVED it.

Since broadband wasn't a household technology where I live it took a further year or two before I registered at the forum.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
First i started watching those Kamehameha compilations (back in 2009 i didn't know what DBZ is). Then i found Bid for power(i think that it was called like that) and didn't understand anything, but played around. Then i searched for more mods and games about DBZ, and found ESF. Then I played Dragon ball online, and because of it, i watched DB, DBZ and DBGT.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
First i started watching those Kamehameha compilations (back in 2009 i didn't know what DBZ is). Then i found Bid for power(i think that it was called like that) and didn't understand anything, but played around. Then i searched for more mods and games about DBZ, and found ESF. Then I played Dragon ball online, and because of it, i watched DB, DBZ and DBGT.
Ah, you have beaten me in a single area on that one, I'm afraid. I haven't watched DBGT. I got bored, and didn't like it much. :(

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was watching my brother play the release before Alpha 2.0 came out (which was either 1.8 or 1.9), and then once I got my own computer I downloaded ESF and started playing Alpha 2.0. I still recall my brother playing on a map that was similar to 2fort from TF(C)/TF2, except it was in an icy environment and there was just water between the two sides of the map. Maybe my memory is shit, but I'm pretty sure that was a map and I still have yet to find it!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was an ice map in one of the alphas, so I dont think you hallucinated it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom