The Idea for Benefiting Both Sides

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello, I have been watching the forums since 09' and signed up in 11' during this whole time I have been checking the websites for awesome updates etc. When I found out about the new Earth Special Forces my excitement increased to ecstatic heights. I see a lot of questions on "When will the full version be released" , "Why isn't the full version released" , "How long till the full version is released." See I look into everyone's point of view, which includes Players and Developers. Players Just want a taste, an experience, the Fascinating and Breathtaking graphics that will be featured on this newer Version of the game we all love so very much. I could be wrong but I believe Developers just want to finish the game on their own time, to finish the grand finale. Though Players must understand that the Developers have responsibilities and priorities to attend to. So I asked myself today, How could both sides be happy, Players get to experience the game and Developers get to finish it own their own time. Now if the game is somewhat close to being done which I don't know that for-sure why not give the game out to let players play what can be played but while the players play the Developers could still work on it at their own pace. This suggestion would help both sides, Players would see the game, and Developers can work in peace and at their own pace without being bothered. Think of this post as a suggestion, an idea, not another post about releasing the game. This post is meant for trying to figure out a way both sides are happy. Now I don't know all about the process of the game, therefore I am not sure if the game is in a state to be able to achieve this idea. I do hope no one finds this post to be disrespectful or problematic. Thank you for reading.

Best answers
This is the most long-winded request for a demo that I've ever seen on the forums. I hope you appreciate a candor response - it's a no.

In about May 2012 there was a poll brought forth by the development team asking if the community wanted one big release or a 2 phase release. One big release won the poll, this let the team know where the community stands on this particular topic. The team could have easily chosen to do a 2-phase release, but they decided against that - this is as far as I know, and I'm pretty avid about ESF in general. Before this gets closed by a moderator or a dev...........

I don't disagree with you, a 2-phase release will not only revitalize the community, bring new players and give ESFer's a sample of things to come, but could most likely ensure they get voted for mod of the year 2013, then if the game gets released in 2014 it'll most likely get it again. This is purely speculative on my part.

Unfortunately for the both of us and everyone who voted for a 2-phase release we'll just have to wait - I recommend either contributing or playing 1.2.3.

inc someone with power

--- edit ---

This is the most long-winded request for a demo that I've ever seen on the forums. I hope you appreciate a candor response - it's a no.

In about May 2012 there was a poll brought forth by the development team asking if the community wanted one big release or a 2 phase release. One big release won the poll, this let the team know where the community stands on this particular topic. The team could have easily chosen to do a 2-phase release, but they decided against that - this is as far as I know, and I'm pretty avid about ESF in general. Before this gets closed by a moderator or a dev...........

I don't disagree with you, a 2-phase release will not only revitalize the community, bring new players and give ESFer's a sample of things to come, but could most likely ensure they get voted for mod of the year 2013, then if the game gets released in 2014 it'll most likely get it again. This is purely speculative on my part.

Unfortunately for the both of us and everyone who voted for a 2-phase release we'll just have to wait - I recommend either contributing or playing 1.2.3.

inc someone with power

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the game is close to release, why would the developers waste their time fixing gamebreaking bugs to get it ready for release, when they can finish the game and release a complete, polished game? Besides, if they released the game when it's close to release, people will be unhappy because of the lack of changes.

They're not going to release a demo, and I honestly don't know why people want one because they're going to barely play it in the end, so yeah.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My point on this topic was simply to see if there was a way to make players and Developers happy. I didn't know there was a poll already on the topic so therefore I apologize, if I would have had that information at the start I possibly would not have posted this.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I apologize but seeing that post frustrates me, I mean I would have loved the phases Idea, it seems so much less stress on wanting to see the game. Plus it does seem much easier and if they were to put it in phases the people who want phases could play it in phases and they people who don't can wait even still. They don't have to play the phases they could still just wait till its done

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think there's much point in debating it anymore, there are 890 posts discussing it in the original thread, and it's been over a year since that decision was made. The ESF team seem to be going full steam ahead with the choice. I'd personally like to see some gameplay videos or something, but it is what it is.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They posted a decision? I don't recall there ever being a post about which option they decided to go with.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They posted a decision? I don't recall there ever being a post about which option they decided to go with.
They decided to wait and release it all at once.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They decided to wait and release it all at once.
Actually they didn't post any decision and didn't say anything. They just wanted to see the reaction of forums. It's not said that the idea is trashed, but it's also not confirmed. So yeah.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A demo would have popped up by now if they had chosen the phases option. So yeah it's some sort of tacit decision.

Best answers
How about a longer video to see at what state is the game curently...We could get more information than just reading blablablaba...If you make a full video of the game and its features until now..more people will be interested.Main menu,character selection screen,hud, basic fight...soaring in multiplayer.ITS NOT SO MUCH ABOUT THE GAME!!!ITS ABOUT A LONGER VIDEO.Normal video actually :p
At least think about it!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you see.... the game shines in some parts and lacks in others. And they don't really want to show stuff unless it's ready to be shown by their standards. Considering this... it's the reason we don't have such a video at the moment.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A demo would have popped up by now if they had chosen the phases option. So yeah it's some sort of tacit decision.
A demo or the first phase would have been released if the gameplay was solif working and the game itself was without any major bugs.

The idea of that poll was to see how the community thinks of the ideas, what points they bring up and generally take those points in to our own discussion on the matter. The public poll was by no means the deciding factor in that duscussion, it was just the voice of the communioty present at the meeting

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So its safe to assume we're still not at that point?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally Id rather be kept in the dark about the details on the rest the mod's features. We've had a good amount of content released in my opinion; some insight on melee, map previews, and some general game play footage that displays animations, sprites, shaders, models, textures, etc. Im sure theres a great deal thats being kept from the general public, but it adds more shock value when we actually get out hands on it.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So its safe to assume we're still not at that point?
Obviously imo.
I believe it's also safe to assume that in one year's time if the team wanted to go for the phases option all of their efforts would have probably been concentrated on making it as solid and bug free as possible for the first phase/release.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
See I am not exactly sure on what the team thinks or the whole community thinks. I can only speak for myself, and I truly believe that IF we did a phase the thing is for the people who wanted to wait can STILL wait and for the people who want to try it can try it. Now I think this idea is easier and beneficial, because like I stated people who can play can play and the people who want to wait can wait. Its also easier for the Developers in the sense of they wont be bothered anymore which will allow them to stay at a good pace with the game. So Why not? Why not give what can be given and just do updates on it here and there. That is if it is in a state to BE given out.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously imo.
I believe it's also safe to assume that in one year's time if the team wanted to go for the phases option all of their efforts would have probably been concentrated on making it as solid and bug free as possible for the first phase/release.
Then the question becomes what are the phases we're speaking about if phase 1 is "As close to perfection as reasonably possible"? Is there room for improvement if melee is found lacking or are we limited only to changing damage and speed variables? What is lacking from phase 1 that will find its way into phase whatever? How many phases are there? There's a lot of guesswork being done here because there's zero information flowing to the community in that regard. Newcomers are adamant about having the game now, because there are no goal posts to speak of. As far as we're concerned, there's unreleased, and released. If there's more in between, that needs to be communicated, as that'd cut down on the number of threads politely asking that it be released right now or suffer the death of your first born son.

In short, just set goals in the form of phases, communicate what each phase entails, and we'll have a better picture of where we are as far as completion level. Personally, I don't find "EVERYTHING HAS TO BE PERFECT" as a reasonable first goal, but thats just me.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
dude seriously every keyboard has an enter key... use it pl0x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom