🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
well if is using OpenGL i would say yes

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure 1.2.3 is already playable on Linux.

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm pretty sure 1.2.3 is already playable on Linux.
I try to play and the game crash when you try to load a map :p

I'm using the halflife ".so"

Ubuntu 13.04 (i will test soon in 12.04 LTS [stable])

---
You mean using Wine no?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only version of ESF that runs with linux is the server.
As for ESF:F we have no plans for a linux or a mac build. It's not like you just have to hit a button and it builds the executable automatically. Anyways the short answer is "no". The long answer has to do with third party libraries and their linux support, or rather the lack of it. And of course our lack of manpower.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
People that have Macs should just make a Windows partition on their drives and play any games they wish in Windows, all games run better in Windows due to drivers and other frameworks that are generally better optimised for games.

Moral of the story kids; don't play demanding games on Macs.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Making features of the new SDK compatible with the major changes we already did to the old one, would be a shitload of work thrown away.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why should we love Windows and who said so? I prefer Linux and would like to see client for it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why should we love Windows and who said so? I prefer Linux and would like to see client for it.
Who says you should love windows. I only have it because it allows me to play mah games. Other than that i despise microsoft for the stunts they pull every single release.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it would be better to focus on Linux platform but what ever. Maybe more people would choose or try new OS this way despite their Win-homes.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Who says you should love windows. I only have it because it allows me to play mah games. Other than that i despise microsoft for the stunts they pull every single release.
If I could switch to a Linux distro and keep full Windows compatiblity, I would.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would be better to focus on Linux platform but what ever. Maybe more people would choose or try new OS this way despite their Win-homes.

Doubtfull. While Linux came a long way in terms of user friendlyness, its still quite far to be on the same level as Windows. Linux is great, but you have to have at least a basic understanding of computers ro be able to use it at the same level as a total noob uses windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom