Esf transformation animations

Best answers
i was wondering if the animations for the transformations would have the 1minute scene animation that was pretty cool but took quite a while like in 1.2.3beta :-/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was wondering if the animations for the transformations would have the 1minute scene animation that was pretty cool but took quite a while like in 1.2.3beta :-/
The longest animation in 1.2 was roughly 20 seconds though o_O

Best answers
it felt like a while :/ especially when my buddies camped me D:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The default respawn time on the dragonballs is 25 seconds in CTDB mode.

Time is relative to how much we are waiting for something.

In any case we will have a 3 transformation system.

Long, short and instant

Best answers
so i am assuming the the higher the power level the shorter the transformation?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtill not fully decided.

We may do a long transformation the first time you get a form, make it so that you can not cancle it, but give you immortality while you are transforming, while keeping the short a few seconds, but keeping you killable.

So you only get the long one once per form.

Its still not fully decided though.

Best answers
that seems to be the best way to do it since the animations were cool until you've seen it 7times before in the same match

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just gonna make sure about something.

We are talking about ESF and not ECX right?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX is a fan made addon for ESF 1.2.3. It adds transformations and characters, and its transformations last longer than the ones in ESF.

Its not really balanced well though and has a few game breakingly abusable features.

Best answers
ahh indeed i was never really sure what the deal was with ecx because i couldnt find it on the esf page thanks for clearing that up for me :/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahh indeed i was never really sure what the deal was with ecx because i couldnt find it on the esf page thanks for clearing that up for me :/
Well its like EVM was in 1.1, or EEA, just new and improoved.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If I'm not mistaken Powering Up basically acts like a force field. I.E Goku powering up against Ginyu. [video=youtube;8zhPrdkl3_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhPrdkl3_s[/video]

It happens around 4:30 also the Golden flashes in Goku's Aura is some damn good foreshadowing. Not to mention the kick ass OST.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I'm not mistaken Powering Up basically acts like a force field. I.E Goku powering up against Ginyu. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhPrdkl3_s

It happens around 4:30 also the Golden flashes in Goku's Aura is some damn good foreshadowing. Not to mention the kick ass OST.
And just what does your post have to do with anything being discussed in this thread?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And just what does your post have to do with anything being discussed in this thread?

Read your own posts "We may do a long transformation the first time you get a form, make it so that you can not cancle it, but give you immortality while you are transforming, while keeping the short a few seconds, but keeping you killable."

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read your own posts "We may do a long transformation the first time you get a form, make it so that you can not cancle it, but give you immortality while you are transforming, while keeping the short a few seconds, but keeping you killable."
Thats not really what we are doing but OK my bad. In our case the attacks will explode, just not hurt you.

IF that is the system we end up going with.

Discord Member
Best answers
i dont understand how thats not what ur doing .... immortality while first transformation ... seems like thats exactly what the video is showing (ignoring its not the first time him using it). well anyways; i think its a brilliant idea to make 1st transformation for every form a long one ON CERTAIN PPL; IE the ppl it was long for in the manga and their respective transformations; (for example we dont really see vegeta n goku go ssj2 for the first time) just a thought

but having cool animations for each step might b hella badass thoughl; at least for some fan love :D

Last edited:
Best answers
You got to make so there is no transformation abuse to prevent the user from taking damage, so perhaps the person cannot cancel the transformation or can only use the transformation after a given time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom