Question on the current state of Development.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So the last time I saw actual news as when Destruction was explained (Kick ass). Although the POTWs are kick ass, What exactly is being worked on? Are new features being worked on or are bugs being fixed? Animations and models being worked on? I've noticed there isn't much communication going on between Devs and Fans. I realize they have lives but it takes maybe 10 minutes to explain what is being worked on.

Best answers
I'm not sure what to do think about the games current state. I know it's in development, I know a lot is done, I know a lot needs to be done and that's it. I thought the Other World Tournament was completed and it isn't, I thought Dying Namek was completed, it is but there is a bug with it now that makes it unplayable or something like that, I was certain that 3rd form Frieza was completed sometime in 2011 but I guess that's wrong too. Questions about the games current state come up all the time, Grega and Deverz are really cool about answering what's done and isn't (last I heard SSJ Goku wasn't finished, I was told which are the least developed characters and I think it was one of the androids and cell or something like that).

I've been trying to learn more about the games current state by forum post searching, etc. I've heard things like Cell was one of the most OP characters in Final and also that a good Buu player can do some really amazing things, both statements slightly imply that they are completed to at least a playable state. I hope the team reads this - When Final is released will there also be a timeline of completion as far as what was done when??????

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Bugs are being found and fixed. Animations/models and maps are being worked on and tweaked... and Dalte is having a party this Monday... I think that's most of the fun stuff.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn thanks for the invite big d

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's really no need for a public play by play IMO. Boring, repetitive, and/or sensitive to detail. We have the general gist, and that is enough. Perhaps more often, but there's often nothing worth writing about in the grand scheme of things.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do I hear the sounds of volunteering to commit time and resources to help develop ESF and not run away after 5 min when you realize there's actual work involved? XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah me. I'll put my absolute knowledge in coding and programming to use. They make a grand total of 0. But pshesh who needs that kinda shit at high lvls to make a game right?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And rainbow, I think you are confusing elements of 1.2 and Final. There is no Cell yet afaik, and I only recall evil and kid Buy being remotely playable. There was a lot of finisher moves being added back then, and lots of things were OP.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, if you're talking about his bringing up Cell, and you say afayk he isn't in the game, that wouldn't be too far off from what he said, as being the least developed character. :)

Not confirming or denying anything, just making sure wires don't get crossed here.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:/ tired of parsing information for people...

He clearly stated 2 opposing views on cell. I was clarifying that he was indeed the least developed, thus he couldn't be OP, and he likely is confusing the context of some of what he has read.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I know.

He's OP even without being in the game. He doesn't need a model or animations to beat the shit out of everything. He just beats everything up regardless. Someone make an add-on like this after Final releases for funsies. Only replace Cell with any god Character from anywhere.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do I hear the sounds of volunteering to commit time and resources to help develop ESF and not run away after 5 min when you realize there's actual work involved? XD
I think the questions fair enough to be answered. They're not demanding that it be released or even asking for a release date, and I admit I wonder about what's being done, myself.

We see a fair bit of fluff but we don't see what's not yet done and I think that's important to see every once in a while. Maybe a video on the unimplemented features and outstanding bugs/glitches?

And, while we don't do any real work, the mod wouldn't be being worked on without a community to support it. It's not much, but it's something important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom