How news should be handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So far the latest news that's been shown was Destruction. Potw is nice to see but there's no explanation on what's new. Development progress should be updated daily much like the dev team for Starbound has done (http://playstarbound.com/). This is more of a suggestion if anything. I understand if there's no work being done on this mod as the Development team is small and working in their free time but clarification would be nice.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
POTW isn't to showcase what's new, it's just to show what is new.

Not to mention that the Starbound developers will get money from their game. They're working with a lot more people, and a lot faster. They can show daily updates.

The developers are doing the best they can to make the game, but it's not at the same rate as the starbound people.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
POTW isn't to showcase what's new, it's just to show what is new.
Say what!?

@Son Gogeta: It wouldn't hurt. I get where you're coming from. But thing is.... the potw is not necessarily showing new stuff. Maybe it happens to be that way in a lot of cases but it certainly isn't a rule.
So yeah... who knows maybe we'll get something similar in the near future, at pics that have something to tell.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The changes or news are obvious in the potws

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd be nice to see what's not done.

We currently get a constant veil of shiny photo's carefully angled so that we don't see what's wrong so far, and I don't think that's the right way to go about it. At some point, it'd be cool if the team would make a video comprised of the worst bugs and lacking features so far. It'd be a good move for those doing this in their free time for fun, and those trying to build a resume'. It'll quell the newbie questions on when it's done, and it gives your possible employers an excellent before and after time piece to judge you on.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The POTW is there so people like you won't ***** and cry because of the lack of updates.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Starbound team is working on their game full time, and they're going to be rewarded with money when it releases. Seriously, they're most likely all going to be millionaires given the popularity of the game, as well as the fact that it's what happened for the guys who made Terraria.

Going to close this thread as I believe it's been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom