Need your opinion

Best answers
What do you think: which is better ecx rcx2 or ecx rcx3, and im sorry if i posted in wrong topic

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Neither are great, but RC2 is better than RC3, considering RC3 is buggy, and very unbalanced.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There is no RC3. There is a final game coming out and that's it. ESF: Final. The original version of Half Life just like ESF 1.2.3.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
RC2 is awesome. My friend and I agree RC2 makes ESF much better. The HD models and multiple transformations are sweet. Plain old ESF's models are quite unbearable to say the least.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no RC3. There is a final game coming out and that's it. ESF: Final. The original version of Half Life just like ESF 1.2.3.
There is. Its a fan made expansion pack like the Big Pack. But the creators obviously didnt have a clue what RC stands for or just wanted people to download it more, so they named it RC3 like a bunch of morons.

RC2 is awesome. My friend and I agree RC2 makes ESF much better. The HD models and multiple transformations are sweet. Plain old ESF's models are quite unbearable to say the least.
Telesense and hypermode break the game badly, REALLY badly. The higher forms have such an absurd KI regeneration that you never run out and that just takes any challenge out of the game while also sapping out the fun because you cant hit anyone outside of a lucky punch due to the game becomming random swooping round without any stops. All in all balance is horrible in ECX. Its a nice and flashy idea, but as a game ill pick standard ESF over ECX any day, even though i was technically involved with some parts of its creation.

As for the models. They are not HD but this is my replacement list. Neds Trunks, Skiwans Goku/Vegeta and SVs Gohan (dont care about the other chars, since you never see them). Along with the updated HUD and attack icons (forgot who made those). Oh yea and the MechMod menu music for the main menu ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
There is. Its a fan made expansion pack like the Big Pack. But the creators obviously didnt have a clue what RC stands for or just wanted people to download it more, so they named it RC3 like a bunch of morons.

Telesense and hypermode break the game badly, REALLY badly. The higher forms have such an absurd KI regeneration that you never run out and that just takes any challenge out of the game while also sapping out the fun because you cant hit anyone outside of a lucky punch due to the game becomming random swooping round without any stops. All in all balance is horrible in ECX. Its a nice and flashy idea, but as a game ill pick standard ESF over ECX any day, even though i was technically involved with some parts of its creation.

As for the models. They are not HD but this is my replacement list. Neds Trunks, Skiwans Goku/Vegeta and SVs Gohan (dont care about the other chars, since you never see them). Along with the updated HUD and attack icons (forgot who made those). Oh yea and the MechMod menu music for the main menu ^^
Purely absurde! RC2 is balanced so long as you don't abuse telesense. And I dunno what you talk about I still run out of ki there. (Then I mostly play cooler) It's faster, and allows for more intense and diverse fights than what 1.2.3 offers: KI pools for sissies I tell ya!

Nana really 1.2.3 is all fun in the sun but as it stands the people in that game that are TOO good just make it no fun to play. Give it 5-8 months and maybe you'll find someone around your skill level(assuming you last that long).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Something is balanced as long as you don't use this unbalanced move? No. Especially in a game like this if there is even one thing that's unbalanced, then the entire thing becomes unbalanced.

Also I would advertise ESF:F, but it's hard to recommend a game that's not even close to being out yet.

So here's what I will recommend: if you want an original thing, Esf 1.2.3. is the thing, but don't expect lot's of abilities or transformations. If you want more of those aforementioned things use one of the expansions doesn't matter which you go for, just try them out and take your pick.

Note: Don't expect many, or nice players for each of them. There are so few that that has become their world now and they don't take kindly to new faces...

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Note: Don't expect many, or nice players for each of them. There are so few that that has become their world now and they don't take kindly to new faces...
They dont need to. In general i pretty much own an ECX server despite staying in base form. So i get kicked out anyhow XD

So far ive only seen 3 or 4 people in that AF server that legitimately kicked my ass without telesense.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
They dont need to. In general i pretty much own an ECX server despite staying in base form. So i get kicked out anyhow XD
Yeah, that's annoying. The moderators/administrators on each of these servers really need to accept that there are people who are factually better than them. They seem to be at odds with this realization.

I've never actually been kicked out, but I've heard other people have. :p

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Vanilla 1.2.3 for me, I don't know why I just have more fun with it, only 1 trans means I can use pretty much all the characters and still kick someones ass, plus I have a thing for the original models (tho now I use Um-wfs pack with Skiwan's Goku, SV's Gohan and Ned's Trunks), and with the japanese dbz soundtrack It just becomes a really good experience. That just doesn't happen in ECX, most of the models suck, character choices are wierd (why dahell do we need 2 Vegeta's if Big Pack has Buu Saga Vegeta with his super transformation? Who uses armor Goku??) and the transformations or are very long or very boring and don't have that wow factor 1.2.3 has.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Rc3 as Whoreatio said is very unbalanced because there is an option to play as a god who is immortal, RC2 is much much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom