The most evasive target yet! ~RAVEN~

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I was playing some ECX yesterday fighting some dudes online (most of which were very good players) Then the Dude \~Raven~/ shows up, and I nearly shit a brick at how hard this guy is to hit. Just playing as Android 18, and I was (double)Majin Vegeta. Burning energy with all my swoops just to keep up with the dude!!! Someone has the heart of a warrior! Though, I did manage to get ONE single hit in just before the match finished.

It was a good fight, made better (and mostly one sided). Ehehe, at the very least he doesn't play like a bot like most people I see in game. ((Melee spam + no combat creativity = drudgery!))

I'd call you out... but I'm more than a little afraid of getting my hide tanned!

----

Was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some of their experiences or tips (nothing like: Don't be a ragdoll ), or methods of attack. I personally try to Melee most of the time(since it's what the majority does) But I make a point to include some well timed ki attacks to change the flow of combat and opt for chases to try and keep things from getting repetitive.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure how relevant this is to EVM, but just some general stuff

- The only surefire way to get better is to play the game
- The camera in the game is very important. The default camera view is close to the character, most of the people who are good play a little more zoomed out. You can zoom out by holding the k key, i zooms in.
- Don't fly in straight lines
- You want to hit the opponent from the side or from the back, avoid trying to hit people head on unless you're close enough that they won't swoop at you
- Avoid staying still, always be moving
- Gliding is a great way to save ki but still be moving. To glide, all you need to do is stop swooping and immediately drop out of fly mode, you'll start freefalling but you'll maintain your momentum. You can also swoop along the ground and jump immediately after letting go of forward
- Swooping doesn't use that much ki, teleports are the reason most people run out. A good rule of thumb is to try and recharge ki for a split second after every teleport, unless you think you can get a hit in by not doing this / can't do this because you'd be hit
- People generally play in patterns and do the same thing over and over. Try not to do this, try to be unpredictable

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, unfortunately ECX tends to eff some stuff up. Alot of balancing issues.

There was another mod for 1.1 that I thought was perfect. ALL it did was add in the full range of transformations. Can't remember the name...

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't really remember the name either. Maybe ESM?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
EEA ^^
The only annoying part of ecx is the friggin overpowered beams and telesense ... other than that you get used to it

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
EVM. You get 12,000,000 PL. You start shooting beams everywhere or blowing yourself up as Vegeta.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
EEA added the charged turbo and we are kinda using a similar design for the final.

But yea ECX is great if people dont spam telesense, which they all do as they act all high and mighty regardless of how good they are in reality.

But yea i like the melee additions in ECX. Allowing for multiple hits with each hit after the second being a lot more difficult to pull off and those things. Other than those changes you can play it as standard ESF and you will be good at it.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
EEA ^^
The only annoying part of ecx is the friggin overpowered beams and telesense ... other than that you get used to it
EEA added the charged turbo and we are kinda using a similar design for the final.

But yea ECX is great if people dont spam telesense, which they all do as they act all high and mighty regardless of how good they are in reality.

But yea i like the melee additions in ECX. Allowing for multiple hits with each hit after the second being a lot more difficult to pull off and those things. Other than those changes you can play it as standard ESF and you will be good at it.
YES, that was it. EEA. I loved that mod way back in 1.1. EVM had the entire map detonations so I never bothered with it, before people stopped playing EEA.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers

I've played maybe like 5 hours total of ECX, and this was years ago, so I could be wrong, but I remember ECX being quite different from regular ESF. I remember thinking the ki pool was too large, and combined with faster swooping speeds, it was too easy to not run out of ki. Ignoring that, the instant teleport thing made me never want to play it again.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I've played maybe like 5 hours total of ECX, and this was years ago, so I could be wrong, but I remember ECX being quite different from regular ESF. I remember thinking the ki pool was too large, and combined with faster swooping speeds, it was too easy to not run out of ki. Ignoring that, the instant teleport thing made me never want to play it again.
Yea thats telesense. And the Ki pool doesnt act differently than in ESF. It does depend on the character though. If i recall correctly the Androids have an INSANE amount of KI. The speeds are also similar to ESF, if not even a bit slower for some chars. as said mostly i like the melee additions. Being smashed away even further after the second hit yet having no hit limit in the air does make for some nice gameplay. I remember that using normal form Trunks i was able to do 5 or so hits on a full Ki pool. You can barely catch up using teleswoop though.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe I played as an Android or was transformed. I just remembered normal form feeling like I was transformed in vanilla 1.2.3.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe I played as an Android or was transformed. I just remembered normal form feeling like I was transformed in vanilla 1.2.3.
As said it depends on the characters and remember the server host can mess round with the character stats all they want though AMXX.

The only Russian ESF fan
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
You can start gliding after 2nd hit in ECX and do up to 6-7x with it.

Oh...If only ECX had no telecence and AF addons... :scared:
I like it anyway :smile:

Last edited:
Best answers
I ran into this guy too yesterday! He was really impressive. It gives me hope that you can get good at this game.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
And play the game I have.. all weekend!!! NOW THIS, is the stuff! Pro tips.

Zooming out the camera helped in such a substantial way(yeah not TOO zoomed out XD)

Charging right after teleporting or after hitting an enemy is totally the way to go, I still cant say I've bothered trying to glide in combat but swoop jumps work wonders.. I have to say thank you!

I actually managed to KILL Raven once or twice (with help & after a beating). I see that allot of people hate the telesense thing. It reminds me of instant transmission. Hell OP. But comes in handy sometimes, and I try not to use it often at all, but it's a tool I have, so I use it.

I've finally gotten a firm grip on swoops; though in 1.2 and even in ECX it seems like it drains too much energy. In the manga characters can easily sustain highspeed flight in and out of combat. :-/ It's their super speeding, what we call teleporting that drains them.

That all aside.. THANK YOU! Dated as this game is you've made me forget about that Xcube-thing in my living room XD

Not sure how relevant this is to EVM, but just some general stuff

- The only surefire way to get better is to play the game
- The camera in the game is very important. The default camera view is close to the character, most of the people who are good play a little more zoomed out. You can zoom out by holding the k key, i zooms in.
- Don't fly in straight lines
- You want to hit the opponent from the side or from the back, avoid trying to hit people head on unless you're close enough that they won't swoop at you
- Avoid staying still, always be moving
- Gliding is a great way to save ki but still be moving. To glide, all you need to do is stop swooping and immediately drop out of fly mode, you'll start freefalling but you'll maintain your momentum. You can also swoop along the ground and jump immediately after letting go of forward
- Swooping doesn't use that much ki, teleports are the reason most people run out. A good rule of thumb is to try and recharge ki for a split second after every teleport, unless you think you can get a hit in by not doing this / can't do this because you'd be hit
- People generally play in patterns and do the same thing over and over. Try not to do this, try to be unpredictable

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Swoop drains KI to make it a bit more tactical. Swooping for 10 hours with no pause would mean lots of swoop and little hit. It also adds the skill of KI management.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
True True, but it's not all that hard to hit somebody while they are swooping. It's the follow up hits that I find most difficult. But I get'cha. Ki management does make battles rather exhilarating! Raven makes sure to give me no time to charge my ki. So I have to spam teleport to do it XD

And if I recall someone was probably swooping for a whole 10 hours!

[video=youtube;25truFGgsE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25truFGgsE4[/video]

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
True True, but it's not all that hard to hit somebody while they are swooping. It's the follow up hits that I find most difficult. But I get'cha. Ki management does make battles rather exhilarating! Raven makes sure to give me no time to charge my ki. So I have to spam teleport to do it XD

And if I recall someone was probably swooping for a whole 10 hours!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25truFGgsE4
Ki drain values along with HP, PL, Transformation PLs and so on will be worked when the systems that require them are all functional. That and we have a way to fill the KI bar instantly with the press of a button for debugging purposes in the inteam.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Oh well that's hella fun! Ya'll should do that with a powerstruggle and just keep pumping energy into the attacks!

Flight speed in beta seems to scale with your powerlevel, rather than have a set speed for each form. Can get.. really really nauseating...

I LOVE IT! Even though it makes hitting targets a little more difficult; it seems like hitting someone at a higher speed sends them flying much further.

For instance, overcharging your ki, swooping and getting of a simple melee hit will send your opponant flying like he's got a rocket on his back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom