Blocking and special combos

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Are the new special combos (forget their name right now) block able? If I'm following the video right, the specials are not stoppable by the normal melee, is that right? But are they stoppable with normal blocking or something else?

Also while I've got this this thread open.

Will transformations in final give a big buff like it can feel in the series, say I'm vsing perfect cell as gohan and I'm losing badly like in the series, will going ss2 buff me enough to be faster and stronger to turn the tides? I know it's primarily based on skill, but I'd think it would be really cool if transforming gave you a bigger enough push to turn the tides.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'd love to see that the transformations make the difference and pwn the rival. When I first used the ssj it didn't a make a difference for me. :/

Discord Member
Best answers
I'd love to see that the transformations make the difference and pwn the rival. When I first used the ssj it didn't a make a difference for me. :/
It vastly increases your speed and damage which is exactly what it does in the manga/ TV show. Everyone who has ever played ESF knows that the transformations are more then enough to put you at a huge advantage over your enemy. Have you ever played ESF before or are you just really bad at it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The transformations are a slight boost to speed, HP and PL (no more multiplying PL just a standard predetermined PL increase). They give you the advantage in stats, but you still need the skill to properly use it.

As for the bonus melee specials. You can not block them. If you are hit, you are hit. The attacker only has a limited time period when they can use them though. The higher the Tier used, the less time they have to land the hit, before they just wasted their bonus points.

You can however go in to a head-on against a bonus attack with the same Tier. Basically if 2 people clash using the same Tier, then they do a head-on collision, enjoy the animation and fly apart. However the higher Tier will beat the lower Tier in a head on though.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i hope it take long enough to achieve the last transformation.
Imo it goes to fast to achieve ssj in 1.2...
1m for gohan and trunks it takes like 5 -10 minutes

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope it take long enough to achieve the last transformation.
Imo it goes to fast to achieve ssj in 1.2...
1m for gohan and trunks it takes like 5 -10 minutes
Here is a funny fact. A lot of people are complaining that it takes to long to transform in 1.2. And i mean a LOT of people.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Usually only takes 9 or 10 kills.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Here is a funny fact. A lot of people are complaining that it takes to long to transform in 1.2. And i mean a LOT of people.
I think only last transformations should be hardly achieved.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i don't count kills cause mostly i'm at like 2-10 lol
just randomly hitting ppl is fast enough xD

just installed esf again... felt like playin for some reason

Best answers
Will there still be dragonballs that you can collect and make a wish to raise your power level? Me and my bro did this all the time in ESF cause we just like to have all the transformations unlocked and then fight each other. I hope this isn't removed anyway :D

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I believe in Final it will be the same as in 1.2 still you dont have to wait that long as in 1.2.
How is that possible?? Just have to wait and see when its released :)

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I believe in Final it will be the same as in 1.2 still you dont have to wait that long as in 1.2.
How is that possible?? Just have to wait and see when its released :)
Such a tease Sting.

I think it does also, but the problem with transformations in 1.2 is: When you get to SS, and you die within 5 minutes you will most likely have lost so much powerlevel that you can't transform again for a bit till you fight a bit more..

That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to ESF Final so much as you will need to fight as a super saiyan in order to keep transforming/advancing.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The transformations are a slight boost to speed, HP and PL (no more multiplying PL just a standard predetermined PL increase). They give you the advantage in stats, but you still need the skill to properly use it.

As for the bonus melee specials. You can not block them. If you are hit, you are hit. The attacker only has a limited time period when they can use them though. The higher the Tier used, the less time they have to land the hit, before they just wasted their bonus points.

You can however go in to a head-on against a bonus attack with the same Tier. Basically if 2 people clash using the same Tier, then they do a head-on collision, enjoy the animation and fly apart. However the higher Tier will beat the lower Tier in a head on though.
1.can you activate the tiers while swooping
2.can you activate the tiers while swooping with turbo on
3.can you activate the tiers with turbo on when you are not swooping/moving

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes

But you still have to hit within a very limited time frame. And the higher the tier, the less time you get to land a hit.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In fact it's probably best to activate it while swooping :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pro Tip: Don't anger Karrde. He's on the dev team, but ALSO a forum admin. His ban hammer stings. XD

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually, it wound't make any sense to make transformations REALLY hard to achieve. They have to take into account the average user play session (which they can only guess for now). No point in making SSJ3 achievable after 2 hours of play if 90% of users only play for like one and a half hour in one session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom