About Steam and ESF

Eli

Best answers
I can't play ESF because I dont have half life on steam. Although I have it on CD but I can't link it to my steam account. I do have it installed on my PC but I don't seem to be able to play the mod. I can start the mod but as soon as I try to create a server for Lan it crashes. Please tell me if there is a solution to this problem.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't have any experience in this ,but do you have a CD key on the package or the cd box ? If you have and haven't tried to activate a CD key in steam try that .

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL CD key should be on the disc itself. If you have a legit copy and it won't work when activating it on steam, contact customer support. They'll fix it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The best way is to buy it from Steam. It's not that much money, it's only 4 Euros.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best way is to buy it from Steam. It's not that much money, it's only 4 Euros.
He can use the one he has on CD. You can register the CD-key with STEAM and the game gets added to your account.

If you have problems doing that, you can contact STEAM support and they will do it for you, but you will need to send them a picture proving that you have the original thing.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yup i had to do that with hl anthology disc.
They asked me to make a copy of the little paper with the cd key on it and the disc itself.

After that it was fixed they day after.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
He can use the one he has on CD. You can register the CD-key with STEAM and the game gets added to your account.

If you have problems doing that, you can contact STEAM support and they will do it for you, but you will need to send them a picture proving that you have the original thing.
I mean, overall, it's way much easier directly buying it from Steam and no searching for the box where CD key is and these things.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's trying to use the disk now so he has it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom