New standalone HL1 engine

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I looked at it before.

Be neat if it did, but isn't ESF:Final so hacked to pieces now, that it'd probably be beyond difficult to port it? Again, this is coming from someone who knows nothing about it though.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
From their description. I made the important parts bold

Xash3D Engine has been tested for compatibility with many of Gold Source games and MODs. At this moment it should provide you an ability to successfully complete almost any existing singleplayer Half-Life mod without compatibility problems. Some mods can be not totally compatible, if they are too hardly modified or using some very specific or unstable features of Gold Source engine. Also multiplayer part of Xash3D engine is not fully completed yet because of lack of some important information and hidden source codes of Gold Source engine. So in most cases multiplayer mods should work good in a local or a LAN game, but some features can not work or work not exactly as under Gold Source engine. Check a detailed list of tested mods in "Features" section. A full list of Xash3D Engine features is also there, plus a guide on how to get work Half-Life and its' mods under Xash3D (in English and in Russian).
Meaning ESF being multiplayer only and heavily modified will probably not be compatible with that.

--- edit ---

Just downloaded the thing. It comes with a HL.exe

Problem is. The instalation tells you to copy all files of a WON version of HL in to the foulder of the engine and then overwrite the provided .dll files.

This thing is more mod than engine as far as i see it, but ill try putting the inteam in to it like ye old standard mod and see if it even loads up the main menu.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
This'll be fun to see. Let us know what happens Grega

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems like this is a WON HL version crack/hack.

The menu that loads up is WON HL and the moment it tries to open the inteam it crashes.

Ima try the alpha 2.0 once i download it.

--- edit ---

Whell i went even beyond alpha 2.0 by installing alpha 1.9

The result is that despite them claiming that multiplayer should work with LAN mode. The game crashes right after you start the server.

I tried this without a WON HL version with just the standard executables, since i dont have a WON HL version.

If it does work with a WON HL version, then its a ripoff in a way and not a remake. And if it really does use the WON version as it seems to be, then the final will not work on it as its using outdated algorithms.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Well then, so much for that. Thanks for the update Grega.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Well i would just say...we're quite a bit ahead of them...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey Ryo! :D Glad to see you post, and I'm glad you chip in laying the truth! I've been waiting for someone to say ESF is leaps ahead!

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
aren't all the "original" hl files stored in the half-life.gcf file(s). With those extracted you'd have the same file structure as with the WON version.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah. The issue is the DLL files and EXE files are STEAM version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom