Imagine a storymode...

Best answers
Ever think of actually someday making this into an open world game, or maybe singleplayer with a storymode? Possibly become independent of Half-Life? I'm interested in your thoughts, i'm talking on a future scale here not for release of final. Ideas on how to make that possible? The gameplay footage and potw look awesome, I love the concept art and how far you guys have come along, great job! I would definitely fund this game on kickstarter even though it's free!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol.

If only the game could get a Kickstarter. These guys definitely deserve something for all their hard work.

I mean Cry of Fear, another popular HL1 mod, is going to be sold on Steam...ESF, if it did not have copyright issues, would be right alongside it.

Issue is, this game wouldn't work on consoles, not without one of those motion controllers, perhaps. IT requires the dexterity and accuracy of a mouse that a normal controller lacks. I believe if it was not for this, Bandai Namco would be shitting their pants as a group of modders made a far superior DBZ game to them.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Cry of Fear wasn't that great, really. It's rather poorly coded, has a lot of unneeded stuff in it.

Personally, I would love ESF to always stay a fan property. It has both the sophistication and the loving feeling around it, mostly because it was made by fans for fans. A console ESF player would be on a much lower tier than any decent PC ESF player, and they'd only be cheated in the experience.

Also, I'm pretty sure Bandai Namco is wallowing over the fact that Ultimate Tenkaichi was trash, and that they'll never make a DBZ game like Dimps did, let alone the ESF team.

Best answers
Consoles would definitely be a crap idea, I was suggesting more towards the lines of actually developing a free-to-play game funded by kickstarter. I would like to think it's possible, and I'm sure the community would help pitch in once they see the potential in it. As long as you are not profiting directly from the game itself is that legal?

I definitely agree that it should stay fan property, no question about that.

But other than that possibility, I was focusing more toward the lines of actually developing a very in depth storymode for the game, once final is released and wows everyone of course. The community will obviously crave more, and I don't really see anything stopping the esf team from finding people interested in developing this game further, i'm sure they will want to also. A lot of great ideas can circulate from this.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly we are calling it Final for a reason.

ATM there are no plans to continue any sort of development after the release (aside for maybe some bug fixes)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sadly we are calling it Final for a reason.

ATM there are no plans to continue any sort of development after the release (aside for maybe some bug fixes)
Is the team going to stick together afterwards for another project?

I'd gladly put alot of money into a project they work on, kickstarter would be a wonderful idea.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Is the team going to stick together afterwards for another project?

I'd gladly put alot of money into a project they work on, kickstarter would be a wonderful idea.
Pretty much this. As mentioned in another thread, I'm really curious if Masta and his band of merry men plan on spearheading their own project in the future. It's a pipe dream but if they got official with anything I'd throw some money at them as well.

Then I'd pirate the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom