✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
POTW-11-04-2012-sm.jpg awaken 17 and 18

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Stop with new content.. we have to wait another 10 years..

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not in the forum.
No, I'm pretty sure you haven't been waiting 10 years at all.

Also, the game was pretty much re-done about 2 times within the last 10 years. It isn't going to take another 10 to make new content for something that already has a decent amount of progress.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Layne said:
actualy, we constantly do our portion of work, it could be faster, but we reached a point where we don't add new stuff, and concentrate on the final release. The point where we stoped adding new stuff and concentrated on the more important stuff was reached long ago, right now i can load the game, choose from a variety of finished maps, choose from a variety of finished/polished models, with houndreds of individual animations ( all hail DT ) and play for several hours
using finished meele , beams, transformations etc, and have all of that rendered with a a stunning new lighting/texture/audio/composition and fx quality which we upgraded soooo much, and puted sooo much work on. it's just, the main "core" element behind the whole game works, we just don't have all the content, and we don't wanna do like 2 or 3 releases, with new models and maps, we wanna prepare a solid release. We could release the game with a few fine maps and models of quality you won't even find in the actual ps3 games, all that works, we show that in a few videos. It's just a matter of content, which we want to gather as much as possible for 1 big release, i don't know a release date, no one on the team knows, but for me, christmass 2012 is possible : )
http://bit.ly/SJOLd0

Layne said:
Well, uhm, as i said earlier, a huge portion of the game is done, i was playing today for like 1 h with lot's of characters and on a few maps, im not saying that to make your waiting suck even more, just to make a point that ESF 1.3 is realy done in a huge percentage. It's stable, fun to play, just how we aimed for it to be, there are few things which are missing, and that's what keeping as from a release, as i said eariler, from how i see things, it could be possible to release on christmas or even sooner. Maybe im wrong, couse i don't see the code behind the whole thing, but on second though , i can't be as that far off from my calculations, couse everytime i play the game, it seems mostly completed, stuff is missing, but we are definetly closer to the point where we can think about releasing. But i only clean here, so the release decision is not on me hah. Im just sharing my honest point about what i see when i play the current inteam version, i think you guys deserve that.
http://bit.ly/QLLjIC

Release ESF in 2 smaller phases? the mod works. It's playable.
Remember this.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=earth's special forces

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bigger pic.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Stop with new content.. we have to wait another 10 years..
Because a dev team with coders, texture artists, modellers, and mappers is only capable of working on literally 1 thing at a time, right?

"Hey guys, I have to stop coding, the artists can't work on their sprites because someone is making a map. We can't resume until he's finished guys."

It'd be cool if there was some weird bug after release that kept you from playing. This is because I'm a terrible person for no reason.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Not to change the subject of this lovely argument to get back on track with the purpose of this thread...
That is an awesome design so far! Can't wait to see it more fleshed out and skinned. :yes:

Best answers
Now THAT is a badass picture, so basically this is Dr. Gero's Laboratory. Gonna look back in the anime and manga to see what it looks like again.

Best answers
well i HAVE been waiting ten years! even longer! i play this game since the crappy alpha!

also.....untill the release there will still past a lot of time........and since the coders and the other guys also need a lot of time for their parts.there should be enough time for the mappers to make something....so releax.....its cool to have NEW maps with the new capabilities.....or do you really wanna keep playing on old esf_gero?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was no crappy alpha! It was mindblowing for me ! ;)

Being in the upper corner off the map firing Big Bangs at all those pesky flies!

Best answers
btw...........still got that thingy here......i wrote mastasurf a mail if u wanna use it or if i shall delete that thing.....of course i would finish it^^
only the skin u guys would have to do.i also would add a animation in which it opens.would be sure cool if u hide that in that gero map somewhere in a forest or something.

mastasurf doesnt reply anymore....
so you want it?

i still would do:
-"open" animation
-finish the model
-include some ref pics i made (screenshots and stuff)
-export it into fxb or fbx dont know atmXD or that obj format.....one of it was able to handle animations.....didnt touch the model in a while.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Hi ;D What will the map be?..

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
btw...........still got that thingy here......i wrote mastasurf a mail if u wanna use it or if i shall delete that thing.....of course i would finish it^^
only the skin u guys would have to do.i also would add a animation in which it opens.would be sure cool if u hide that in that gero map somewhere in a forest or something.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/BANDIT228/Unbenannt_zps872c9601.png
mastasurf doesnt reply anymore....
so you want it?

i still would do:
-"open" animation
-finish the model
-include some ref pics i made (screenshots and stuff)
-export it into fxb or fbx dont know atmXD or that obj format.....one of it was able to handle animations.....didnt touch the model in a while.
please contact Layne about it as he'll be creating the map.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wouldn't this map be quite small? Unless obviously there is an outside area, but if there is, I don't think many people would even bother going inside to fight... If someone is fighting in there all it would take is for a guy to throw a beam in there or something. I like the idea, but we all know people are going to ruin it somehow ^^. 1v1 fights in there would be cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom