Kami's Palace

Legendary Super Saiyan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have a simple question to ask that honestly doesn't matter but it would be cool if it was in. Inside Kami's Palace will there be a Portal or some type of door leading to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? Or will you make the Hyperbolic Time Chamber a map of its own?

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
2in1 I like it

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
they should be able to do that i guess.
well it was made with the regular .bsp map files.
not sure with the new system they using.

But yes a timechamber would be nice with the gravity accordingly.
but i don't think that is possible tbh.
can't imagine an unending map having the ability to teleport ppl to another neverending map.
and yes the new esf maps can be made as large as you want keeping an eye on the limits.

Discord Member
Best answers
yeah ... ur talking about a huuge freakin map lol .... unless u made kami's palace a small map and the hyperbolic chamber is the real big map inside. then it would work. buuut dobut that's gogn to happen. this isn't a full scale DBZ game with world map n such .... its just fighting arenas !!!!!

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Won't be difficult; question is if they are going to.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would they add two separate maps to one map?

Best answers
Yeah hlev you have a point they can just make 2 different maps, but maybe it would be more interesting, but the probability of them making a teleporter is low. A teleporter in esf I dont know haven't saw any teleporters in DBZ

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah hlev you have a point they can just make 2 different maps, but maybe it would be more interesting, but the probability of them making a teleporter is low. A teleporter in esf I dont know haven't saw any teleporters in DBZ
If they did that, it would separate players in two different rooms, which is bad. The teleporting part is easy. Just that there's no point in doing this.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
There's already 1 map running on the ECX server that has this, forgot its name but it's okay funny (although the other room is a room and nothing else.. quite sucky)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they did that, it would separate players in two different rooms, which is bad. The teleporting part is easy. Just that there's no point in doing this.
Except for the small problem of all brush based entities, not working anymore due to us not using any brushes in maps. Meaning the teleport entity is useless. Along with doors and similar stuff.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Hmm portals...hmmm

--- edit ---

Hmm...portals...portals everywhere

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except for the small problem of all brush based entities, not working anymore due to us not using any brushes in maps. Meaning the teleport entity is useless. Along with doors and similar stuff.
As long as there are entities, I see it easy to implement.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why would they add two separate maps to one map?
If you look how maps are made you would notice that they do it with teleports.
Take a map like gm_mobenix for garrysmod and you'll notice it pretty quickly.
And that is also how it is done in half-life 1.

BUT the new filesystem is just 1 huge thing with the limits being determined by the creator wich means
that they can't make diffrent spots.

Or that's how i see it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except this game wouldn't be as much fun when people can port in and out of zone's or play hide and seek in to many corridors.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Yeah like "Uh a Finalflash is going to hit me ...." and then teleport out of the room and back in only thing funny would be a portal for everything(means beams, vision, damage)

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
2 rooms wouldn't hurt; don't forget the fact that the maps are huge as well shouldn't be hard to dodge fancy final flash and whatever.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you look how maps are made you would notice that they do it with teleports.
Take a map like gm_mobenix for garrysmod and you'll notice it pretty quickly.
And that is also how it is done in half-life 1.

BUT the new filesystem is just 1 huge thing with the limits being determined by the creator wich means
that they can't make diffrent spots.

Or that's how i see it.
I didn't mean "two maps" literally. Two separate rooms simply isn't a good idea. Or I don't really get what are you on about.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as there are entities, I see it easy to implement.
HL 1 uses 2 sets of entities.

Point based ones. Basically a point in the map that does something. Like a teleport destination or a spawn point.

The second set are brush based entities. Those are tied to brushes (blocks) built with hammer. They are used for trigger zones, doors, elevators, trains and stuff the player can physically interact with.

But since we not longer use HL1 brushes, that second set of entities is pretty much unusable. Now the teleport destination (the end point of the teleport) is a point based entity, but a teleport trigger (an area in the world that teleports you to its bound destination) is a brush based entity.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Couldn't you make the teleporter trigger in a different way? Like at the press of a button or something? Just like the normal player teleportation but it would work more like an Instant Transmission long-distance teleport instead^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't you make the teleporter trigger in a different way? Like at the press of a button or something? Just like the normal player teleportation but it would work more like an Instant Transmission long-distance teleport instead^^
There are AMXX pluggins for that. ATM i dont think the coders are really willing to rewrite the entity system for stuff thats not really used in our maps anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom