Just got the mod - I have some questions

Best answers
Hey guys, just got this mod - it looks sick, but I have some questions
1 - Where are some servers I can play on?
2 - I am not too familiar with the steam server browser - how easy/difficult would it be to just start a room with a few friends and just play with them?
3 - What stage of the mod is currently the best one to have (the 1.2.3 Final that came out in 2005 or the Beta that came out in 2008? Im assuming the beta but I am unsure)
4 - I cant seem to get melee-ing to work - does there need to be someone in front of you to do it?
5 - Since I have noone to play with I have to use bots, but the bots seem to crash the game. What do?
6 - Also the graphics in the video on the main page look a lot better than the graphics I see in game.
7 - How do I transform into or start as a transformed state?

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silly admin doesn't let us help people who haven't validated their HL. So do that.

Legendary Super Saiyan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The Admin dosent allow forum members with verified accounts help members who dont have Half-Life verified (Which I honestly think it is really stupid). If you want help then get it verified.

Best answers
How do I get it verified?
Edit - nevermind. Got it but it says I dont have a copy of half-life, but I do have a legitimate copy and I can show you my Day of Defeat box (that came with HL and CS and TF1) to prove it

Last edited:
The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The single game your account contains is Amnesia. Steam lists you as last online at your account's creation. So...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have the DoD box, then register it with STEAM, that should add any games that set contains to your account.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Aight since I believe this guy is speaking the truth, despite that picture not being 100% precise let's try to deal with this quickly.. his answers aren't real support it's just questions about 1.2.3 most of the answers, especially 1 won't benefit him shit if he really doesn't own the game anyway.

I don't intend to defy the rules or argue if this post is over what's supposed to be given you can remove it...

1. Look here those are legitimate Steam servers where everybody is welcome.

2. You could buy and setup a server, ask me or another experienced guy how to do that. Or you could make a home hosted server, here I'm not the one to ask .. you'll have to make sure you know how to port forward etc.

3. 1.2.3 which is also a beta since it's 1.2.3b .. beta is empty and buggy.. half-assed release.

4. Yes, you'll need an enemy.

5. Sometimes there are people on my server, if not you can forum PM me and we can meet.

6. You're probably looking at the inteam version of 1.3 which is still under its development.

7. Once your CF bar is full, which by the way increases when you gain more powerlevel, you are capable of transforming. As you have ESF:ECX it seems, you can transform more if you are playing on an ECX server but in the original 1.2.3 you can only transform once per character. Every character has its own transformation level, read in character menu description (press c by default)

Again, didn't mean to break any rules.. if it's not okay just delete it .. no need for warning as the post being gone is enough to tell me that it wasn't okay.. and sorry if it wasn't.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah really, these are just general questions, do you REALLY need a verified HL account to tell someone how to melee and transform?

The only thing that would really be considered support is his bots crashing.

Also, his steam account has a shit ton of games.

Best answers
Do you guys know if theres anyway I can just set up and host a private server to play with a friend?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Create a server on STEAM, lock it with a password and tell him the password.

And its not our system. Its STEAMs system. Created by Valve. We are only using it.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow I am sorry but your system is absolute bullshit. I have been buying steam games for years, and I own half life 1. Here is a screen shot of my steam library http://imgur.com/eAEZ2
Well, while I'm inclined to believe you, the account you linked to your forum profile did contain exactly what I listed earlier. I've removed the link, so you can now try again to link the correct Steam account to your forum profile. I won't reset the link after this. The linking system does not make errors. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom