The amount of polish is ridiculous.

I'm thoroughly impressed.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Besides all the clipping and camera issues, that was fan-friggin-tastic!

All those effects are so damn smexy!

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Okay I don't want to sound like a party-pooper, but is this seriously what people have been waiting for? The graphics, effects and all that are beyond amazing I am REALLY looking forward for that.. explosions are far beyond my expectation...

However, I think the melee system looks soooo rubbish... to an amount of it being impossible to control.. you hit someone fast and you make him fly into a wall with uber speed? The animation of the swoop looks nefarious and rigged... the melee system seems to be so broken.. I hope you guys are still fine-tuning it.. if not you need some beta testers with good knowledge of how to set up the melee.. I know Trex and Grega are decent with the melee things .. if they have been giving advice I hope you listen to them.. and if they are totally cool with this that would be weird.. or this video just has bad examples everywhere... again the graphics and effects are amazing.. but please keep the melee system good as well... because this is not what I have been expecting and I bet more people think of the same... but again the melee system is okay but 1.2.3's is much better.. this one could be as well with some more fine tuning.. again no offence meant.

I think you guys are done with the graphical stuff because that looks amazing.. just please work on the melee system and the game play now :<....

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The melee system is fine. You have combo that beats throw, simple that beats combo, and throws beat simple. So you can't go around spamming one without being stopped. It's far from impossible to control. Masta was playing with his hud disabled, thus making it difficult for him to aim properly.

Let me add that, you saw 1 instance where I melee'd masta into the ground (after he got a cheap shot in on me at the start knocking me into the air -_-, then I got punished for it by another Vegeta). Don't assume that's all that happens.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
The melee system is fine. You have combo that beats throw, simple that beats combo, and throws beat simple. So you can't go around spamming one without being stopped. It's far from impossible to control. Masta was playing with his hud disabled, thus making it difficult for him to aim properly.
The melee system is not complete, even if aiming is easier to control... the swoops look soo weird.. the way u quickly throw one away to repel the hit and yet you still get thrown back? I am sitting now with a few guys that are avid and loyal players of ESF and some parts of the video has made me frown.. I will try to talk to Grega/Trex in private.. I think the discussion here will just lead to nowhere .. maybe if I make an influence on a few testers they can proceed it.. I am sorry I am not trying to sound offending but... I think this video has brought disappointment to daily ESF players.. you might get a bunch of new players and if that's what you're aiming for you're doing the right thing.. but the people that have been waiting and playing the game as decent players.. I don't think they're gonna be all that exciting.. maybe it's just me and the group of guys I'm talking to now.. but I wouldn't be satisfied if that melee system doesn't get fine tuned.

Even with a HUD on I think it would look weird.. but whatever I'll let the game in your guys' hands even though right now I am honestly not satisfied.. then again I might just seem like a hater but I'm merely trying to give you guys a message.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You are upset because you don't have to double tap swoop anymore? All you do is hold your swoop key and a direction.

I'm trying to understand what you don't like. Your big complaint seems to be that swooping isn't as awkward to perform anymore and is no longer a pain on the fingers. No where in those video did Masta melee, and get knocked back. I interrupted his melee with my own in the second video while he was hitting Giynu.. but I don't see where the complaint is, as this gives it a more Dragonball Z feel, fights being frantic, and adds quite a bit to those that like to play TDM, or other team modes.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You can hardly tell how the melee works from that video. It is basically just a teaser with all those fancy effects. I'd reserve judgment until I am finally able to play the game, or get a new in-depth Melee Preview video.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
You are upset because you don't have to double tap swoop anymore? All you do is hold your swoop key and a direction.

I'm trying to understand what you don't like. Your big complaint seems to be that swooping isn't as awkward to perform anymore and is no longer a pain on the fingers. No where in those video did Masta melee, and get knocked back. I interrupted his melee with my own in the second video while he was hitting Giynu.. but I don't see where the complaint is, as this gives it a more Dragonball Z feel, fights being frantic, and adds quite a bit to those that like to play TDM, or other team modes.
I don't care how much you need to press to swoop, 2, 3 or 40 times that's not what I'm complaining about.. and why is double tapping such a pain? o_O it's easy to press. The swoop itself is ugly with all the turns and that.. how are you gonna do quick angles on 0.5-1.5 seconds if your character has to start up with retarded swoop turns every single time? Double or 3-hitting seems to be incredibly difficult now.. the effect of the "bam bam teleport pam pam" melee is good .. but there's no skill in it.. you just keep have to predict which kind of melee your enemy is using and do the opposite? it's like advanced melee inside simple melee -_- Whatever you did vs that ginyu if we are talking about the same situation it looked like a head on in 1.2.3. just that you threw him away.. I might be judging too fast though as Z Power's post here says.

You can hardly tell how the melee works from that video. It is basically just a teaser with all those fancy effects. I'd reserve judgment until I am finally able to play the game, or get a new in-depth Melee Preview video.
True .. but I can imagine a lot just from that... but your words are true I might be too quick to judge. I hope you can do other shit than just fancy effects once you battle for real.

Edit:

The head-on thing I was talking about was 4-6 seconds in the first video (or well first here on the thread .. above the other) you do something weird to bounce him off? (the thing he did with ginyu in the other video made some sense.. that's not what I was talking about)

Last edited:
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You mean where I hit him in combo melee, and let go of the combo melee button in that split second, ending the combo chain, and he flew back? Nothing was done to bounce him off. He was in a combo, and I let go of the button by mistake because I was expecting to catch the other player with it.. so him flying into it scared me. xD

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
You mean where I hit him in combo melee, and let go of the combo melee button in that split second, ending the combo chain, and he flew back? Nothing was done to bounce him off. He was in a combo, and I let go of the button by mistake because I was expecting to catch the other player with it.. so him flying into it scared me. xD
Ah oke.. can you guys perhaps next time you make these videos try to show more simple melee, and successful 2/3 hits? I'd like to see how it is :eek:

Legendary Super Saiyan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I liked the video but the Swoop or Turbo seems a bit dull, it would be nicer if the Aura was brighter. effect to it.. and also I noticed when you melee you go WAY to far at a high Velocity. I know you guys are still working on this and tweaking things.

Last edited:
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
-_- i cant believe masta showed this... i honestly can understand what Shadi is saying... sigh i had NO idea he was doing this. tbh i hate this videos too. BOTH of them. it really doesnt look good. thats why I wanted to record gameplay...this video does make it look broken in many ways. Believe me Shadi its far from. Im going to see if I can do something...im very mad myself

edit:

also ignore the turbo and swoop auras they havent been touched in months since last year, they will be much MUCH better.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
-_- i cant believe masta showed this... i honestly can understand what Shadi is saying... sigh i had NO idea he was doing this. tbh i hate this videos too. BOTH of them. it really doesnt look good. thats why I wanted to record gameplay...this video does make it look broken in many ways. Believe me Shadi its far from. Im going to see if I can do something...im very mad myself

edit:

also ignore the turbo and swoop auras they havent been touched in months since last year, they will be much MUCH better.
I had hoped that was the case honestly :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
i understand how you feel. for newer players its hard to have faith in the outcome of what the masta and the team are putting together. its a demo so you dont get to see the reticle, lock box, scourter or any of the hud in video. i played 1.2.3 a whole lot so its easier for me to translate how it feels to play esf onto this new game, and it seems they replicated the basic concepts that made 1.2.3 fun for me so im happy

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
i understand how you feel. for newer players its hard to have faith in the outcome of what the masta and the team are putting together. its a demo so you dont get to see the reticle, lock box, scourter or any of the hud in video. i played 1.2.3 a whole lot so its easier for me to translate how it feels to play esf onto this new game, and it seems they replicated the basic concepts that made the game fun for me, so im happy with this little preview
I am very grateful for this little message you just made, but I am not new.. (message is good for newer players :) ) You seem to be from Z|R looking at your signature so I suppose you are quite oldschool

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure why people are white knighting when Shadi has just as much say as anyone else. In this case, he's merely stating his concerns with the system instead of just complementing it.

As someone who hasn't been too crazy about playing the game, I personally don't care much about the melee system. With that being said though, I do understand where Shadi is coming from and agree with him. I acknowledge that part of this is because of a lack of HUD, but the simple melee and knockback aspect seems to be out of control and overdone. As it stands now, the game seems like it's way too fast paced and hard to follow people. I don't think the speed is much of a problem, but more of how excessive the knock back is. It's way too intense.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The knockback really isnt out of control tho. MASTA JUST DOESNT KNOW HOW TO CHASE THE PERSON.
You guys are forgetting that you also have Turbo, and Super Turbo for follow ups. The problem comes when you think of the gameplay like 1.2s.
After a knockback, immediately swoop after and use turbo or super turbo. You can literally FLY passed the person and hit them
the other way.

On top of the you can simply teleport as well. Plus we also have the Charging of Teleports too to make u go even further. You can juggle people back and forth with a swoop or teleport. I believe this is a counterbalance to 1.2s simple melee constant spam. As in swoop, hit, swoop, hit, swoop, hit. Which is still possible dont get me wrong, but does consume more ki. I will demonstrate it

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe you guys should slow things down a bit. It sure got a lot hectic in that video.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The knockback really isnt out of control tho. MASTA JUST DOESNT KNOW HOW TO CHASE THE PERSON.
You guys are forgetting that you also have Turbo, and Super Turbo for follow ups. The problem comes when you think of the gameplay like 1.2s.
After a knockback, immediately swoop after and use turbo or super turbo. You can literally FLY passed the person and hit them
the other way.

On top of the you can simply teleport as well. Plus we also have the Charging of Teleports too to make u go even further. You can juggle people back and forth with a swoop or teleport. I believe this is a counterbalance to 1.2s simple melee constant spam. As in swoop, hit, swoop, hit, swoop, hit. Which is still possible dont get me wrong, but does consume more ki. I will demonstrate it
Um, Super turbo?

Have I really missed out on that much while I've been gone, or is this something that has yet to be shown?

Also I don't see where the complaints are coming from.

The only noticeable issue is the ground clipping underwater and becoming transparent.

As for melee, it looks interesting, but you can't judge from maybe 10 seconds of melee gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom