Scope Creep

Best answers
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering about something. Have the ESF developers clearly defined what it is that they would like to accomplish before they stamp "Ready" onto ESF 1.3? I know that they are developing it in their free time, so they can't guarantee a certain development speed. But, looking from the outside in, it looks as though they keep thinking up new things to put in it. The problem is that is that can continue indefinitely.

So, I was just wondering if there is a spec list somewhere that says "When we have all these things in place, we're going to release 1.3". It doesn't have to promise finishing within a certain amount of time. But, I think there are a lot of users, like me, who are starting to feel that ESF is never going to see the light of day, because the finishing line keeps moving.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have something called a feature stop in place.

Meaning we will not even discuss new features or additions to our list of stuff to do. So yea the list is there, and its not getting bigger.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was discussed not long ago

The only reason there is no finish line is because there is no set development speed that the team is working too

One week there might be 5hours of work done next week 15 and the week after 2hours.

From my understanding anyway

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
@Deverz I think the essence of his question is "Will development ever stop, if additional ideas keep creeping in all the time?". I believe Grega has answered it. Also, to add on, I believe it has been said that they have basically finished the Gameplay, therefore will not be adding anything to it any more now. This means they are bug-fixing and making animations+models+maps+fx full time now.

Best answers
Wow, thanks for the quick replies. It's good to know, I'll go back into patient hibernation now. :cool:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Deverz I think the essence of his question is "Will development ever stop, if additional ideas keep creeping in all the time?". I believe Grega has answered it. Also, to add on, I believe it has been said that they have basically finished the Gameplay, therefore will not be adding anything to it any more now. This means they are bug-fixing and making animations+models+maps+fx full time now.
You obviously misread my post

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom