Just made my "first sig"

Best answers
So what you guys think :) ?

I know it's simple but i just dont like the ones where there are filteres everywhere

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It's dope! I love it! Maybe get Vignette effect on the edges.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I agree with IFlip92, a vignette would enhance it. Also, maybe try adding slight drop shadows to the characters (if possible) and/or on your name in the corner. Something subtle like that may be a nice touch. Otherwise, it looks very crisp and clean with good placement. If you make any changes, be sure to post it on here. Great job!:yes:

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aw, I hate it when I'm the meanest person in the thread! Whilst the minimalist approach can work, you've basically found 3 renders, stuck them against a white background and put a border around it. Considering it's your first one, it's not bad by any means, but you need to strive for greatness!

Currently there's a lot happening in the middle, leaving two great white spaces at the edges. If you'd had some sort of pattern/background, that might have been fine, but it's just a blank space. Also, you've got 3 images, Gohan looks stretched horizontally, and they're not particularly related. Maybe focus on one?

I'm no expert, but I think you've done a reasonably job for a first attempt. However, there's a lot you can do, keep at it!

Best answers
Dokutayuu can u give me any pointers to some great toturials?

I'm looking for some that invovle some basic tips for a great sig :)

(E)

Best answers
So what you guys think :) ?

I know it's simple but i just dont like the ones where there are filteres everywhere
I commend you for seeking constructive criticism, it is a great way to reflect on what you have and what would help improve your piece, never stop asking for it.

This is not a bad signature by any means, but it is also not perfect (nothing ever is,) and there are a few things that you could improve upon. As you stated, the signature is simple, but that is not a bad thing. I believe in simplicity, it is often the best approach to design and it is how I approach my own work more often than not.

But, it is now time to get down and into the nitty-gritty, so to speak. Your signature is visually unbalanced because of your design choices. The positioning of your image (centered) creates a lot of visual weight, this is especially true since your image is surrounded by negative space. The visual weight being created by your image is not bad, but, it is competing with your typography. Your typography also creates a lot of visual weight, not because of it's size, but because of the contrast it has with the white background. The two (image and typography) being so close together and being so heavy, create an uneasy and unbalanced piece. If you were to adjust the size and positioning of your typography, you would immediately change the balance of the piece. If it is your goal to keep the signature as is, with only minor tweaks, then I would highly recommend you work on the typography. Your signature would still be very simplistic (again not a bad thing) but it would be vastly improved.

However, if you are looking to break the simplicity of the signature, then you could add a few more touches here and there, some of which have already been mentioned. Brushes, color, filters (don't have to be overused) and effective typography can really enhance your signature. You can still create a simplistic piece by using all that I just listed, it depends on how you use them, when and where you use them, and how creative you are. Keep practicing, keep having fun (or try to) and don't over think things, work with what you know and then keep challenging yourself to learn more!

(E.)

Best answers
Hello. So i altered my signature first and did not come up happy so.. i followed http://www.sigtutorials.com/ tuturial and gave it a shot (Thanks SG_SSJ!)

This is the result, and i'm scrolling trough some sites right now learning more :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice man, that's much better! The Gohan looks a bit stretched though. Also, the phrase do not go ******* up doesn't make sense. Did you mean give up?

Best answers
Nah it's just a thing i live by, if i'm gonna do something do not **** it up ;)

And thx i used shift to rescale him. so i dont think it's possible, but i just noticed he is maybe a little too bright :)

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I guess that actually does make sense. Not sure what I was thinking.

Best answers
Haha well it makes sense when u get the explanation ;)

But what ever :D

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The new sig looks great! Definitely an improvement over the first version. Good job! :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should still do a proper rescale of the image, it looks really weird like this.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The swearing should also be edited out. Now

Best answers
You sir, is a mean mean, man and u should rule with grace insted of hate.

But your bidding is my law.

I has done as you asked, but i have left a tribute for you ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your version lacks colour, Deverz. You could at least have chosen a more suitable font, and maybe added some subscript or superscript to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom