ESF: Final Release

Legendary Super Saiyan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I heard that the team wished to release ESF: Final in 2011. Thats obviously not going to happen so is it probably going to be released Early 2012 or maybe later in the year?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard that the team wished to release ESF: Final in 2011. Thats obviously not going to happen so is it probably going to be released Early 2012 or maybe later in the year?
Where did you hear that. As a member of the dev team i can assure you we never said anything like that. As in the past we are working for a release as fast as we can make one, but we do not tell people estimates that we may not be able to keep.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was it on a facebook page?

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ESF:final online beta?

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
As much as we'd like to have another beta release to hold us over, the Dev team has stated multiple times that there will not be one until the final release when the game is finished.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as we'd like to have another beta release to hold us over, the Dev team has stated multiple times that there will not be one until the final release when the game is finished.
We? I never cared for the Open Beta's.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
We? I never cared for the Open Beta's.
Well those open betas were the result of leaked versions of the game. An official beta release would have been more polished.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well those open betas were the result of leaked versions of the game. An official beta release would have been more polished.
Right, but again, I never cared for the Open Beta's. The leak actually helped this mod.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as i hate to admit it, it kinda did.

I wonder if Kurt was eating himself when he found out he actually helped us XD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as i hate to admit it, it kinda did.

I wonder if Kurt was eating himself when he found out he actually helped us XD
Kinda? It definitely did. The leak pushed you to release the Open Beta's, which despite mostly being negative, received a lot of important community input. Which in the end, pretty much made 1.3 what it is today. Graphics wise and all that stuff, was on Raven, Andy, and Jason's end. However, a lot of the gameplay was made to what it is today because of a lot of people who criticized the Open Beta either ended up working with the team, or relayed their suggestions to the people on the team.

Also, honestly, I don't think he cared as much about it as a lot of people made it seem. I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't say a lot of people helped as far as gameplay suggestions go. It was a lot of people saying, "This sucks! What have you been doing all this time?!" and a few people reiterating what was previously wrong with the game, what was wrong with the open beta, and throwing out the same ideas that were smashed down years ago on the off chance they might be taken seriously this time around.

Unfortunately, the idea for a keyboard on-the-rails version of ESF similar to typing of the dead was not accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom