ESF:Final

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Is ESF:Final out yet? i've been away from the forums for a while now so im not really updated...

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You joined in June, you haven't been away for all that long...

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
When ESF Final is released, you can be assured it will be posted on the website.
At this point in time, it's still under development. The only released playable version is ESF Beta 1.2.3.
You're welcome to check back on these forums for more information.

Best answers
:laff: still thinking this game is even being worked on?? :laff: When it DOES get released everyone will realize how ****ty it is and be pissed. lol

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've also been away for a long time,

I'd love to see a new video showing what the ESF team has been working on so far.
i've seen the same updates @ the main page for a while now.

& it's been a looooong time since the development started on this 1.3 version of ESF..
it should be a finnishing product soon

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
why do i see a bunch of snow flakes following my cursor:-/ thumbs up for the snow guys:rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does Squire smell of depression, fail troll, and forever alone?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, we have to wait until it comes out because idk what the devs are going to do right now dough. :s

Ex-Pro 1.2.3 Player
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
:laff: still thinking this game is even being worked on?? :laff: When it DOES get released everyone will realize how ****ty it is and be pissed. lol

This guy has a point, It's been almost a year since the front page has been updated... Now, as an elder Member of the boards I can say this for everyone 5 years and still in development... You guys promised this was supposed to be out before Duke Nukem Forever... WTF!!! lol

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This guy has a point, It's been almost a year since the front page has been updated... Now, as an elder Member of the boards I can say this for everyone 5 years and still in development... You guys promised this was supposed to be out before Duke Nukem Forever... WTF!!! lol
The last update was in August, which was 4 months ago. That's not even half a year.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just think Tour, It got farther then our Addon ever did. :p

Poor poor RaD...

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Duke what?
Whats that.
Can you play with it.. :S

Well the front page is not the most important thingy here.
The forum? Perhaps yes..
But what about the pictures of the week?
Vids of the month?
Mod of the year?
Daltes fun of the hour :p (its missing on the forums)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Movie of the month?

Whats that. MOTM = movie of he moment and moment means when ever we have a movie and decide to post it ^^

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
*Sigh* I was typing a long and reasoned post about the progression of this mod, but my laptop crashed, so Ill keep it short

Look at the updates. Ginyu force, weighted vertexs and a new Piccolo model. In a year.

That's the progression ESF made to the naked eye. Now I know there is a FP and POTW's, but the updates are dwindling.
Now the argument may be, "there is a lot more progress made behind the scenes", but then comes the question why not show it?

The argument that it takes time or hard to show is bogus, because when Raven and Barret were hired as coders, there were like a million updates about everything.
I personally believe that this was due there enthusiasm and that they just began working for ESF, but now are also fed up working for ESF.

Yes I know you guys are not paid, but I have been around sometime with DBZ mods(ZEQ2, DMZ, DBQ, BFP etc.) and ESF looks like
it's in the last stages of a mod turning dead.

A dwindling community, dwindling interest in DBZ and very little updates in a year. To me, it seems this mod wont even be released in 2012.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Even so, the team is working on esf. What's the matter if it's not going to release in 2012. Then the year after or still one more. As you may know, the team haven't that much active members. In that case they are doing great stuff (as you can see: POTW, news updates). One more fact that esf is not dying is that the team never ever did something wrong which means that they said sth to us and later they didn't realize it. For example: We patch that bug with an version update 1.2.3 and as you know there comes an update. So the team never lies and they told us that they are going to do this (esf: final) and I believe in them, because there is no reason why we shouldn't trust that guys.
You are a "normal" user just like me and some others and some days ago I was talking to an esf-teammate and to short this up: they working their ass off! They really do.
Of course the question you've said is right: Why they didn't show sth in a shorter period of time? I guess that the more active team-members are haven't really things to show (like the coders, testers, sound-staff, ...). Anyway, that didn't change the fact that the team is still working. Some more, some less. What's the problem? Just trust in their words and train yourself in being patient.
Last but not least, if you would like to speed this up, because you think esf:f wouldn't release in the next year, then become a coder, mapper or sth the team needs and help them out. I mean, as you said, you should have enough time to learn by your own till the game will be released.

edit://
Forgot one thing... Remember(!): The esf-team is not accountable to us! I'm afraid so. :(

Last edited:
G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Even so, the team is working on esf. What's the matter if it's not going to release in 2012. Then the year after or still one more. As you may know, the team haven't that much active members. In that case they are doing great stuff (as you can see: POTW, news updates). One more fact that esf is not dying is that the team never ever did something wrong which means that they said sth to us and later they didn't realize it. For example: We patch that bug with an version update 1.2.3 and as you know there comes an update. So the team never lies and they told us that they are going to do this (esf: final) and I believe in them, because there is no reason why we shouldn't trust that guys.
You are a "normal" user just like me and some others and some days ago I was talking to an esf-teammate and to short this up: they working their ass off! They really do.
Of course the question you've said is right: Why they didn't show sth in a shorter period of time? I guess that the more active team-members are haven't really things to show (like the coders, testers, sound-staff, ...). Anyway, that didn't change the fact that the team is still working. Some more, some less. What's the problem? Just trust in their words and train yourself in being patient.
Last but not least, if you would like to speed this up, because you think esf:f wouldn't release in the next year, then become a coder, mapper or sth the team needs and help them out. I mean, as you said, you should have enough time to learn by your own till the game will be released.

edit://
Forgot one thing... Remember(!): The esf-team is not accountable to us! I'm afraid so. :(
I've been a member of ESF forum since 2002 and fan even longer, so patients is not the issue. Timing is.

People are realizing that ESF final may take a damn while, or never come, due the lack of updates. This results in a less active community and eventual death of the community.
DMZ, DBQ etc. are all examples of this. Even when they release like in 1,5 year, how many fans will there be left? How many fans are there still now?

It's not about being accountable, but people actually enjoying the fruits of your labor. It would be a shame if ESF final was released and there is noone who plays it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom