Suggestion for ESF character classes.

Best answers
Those of you who have ever played Existence will know what I am talking about. I would like to see "limited" character classes, where only 1 player can play the class at a time. This would allow for a little more balance then having 8 gokus flying around =). If a few more classes make it into the next alphas (ie. androids, friezas henchmen, whatever.).

Retired
Best answers
you mean 8 vegeta's :p well anyway i agree. there should be a system like Existence and DragonModZ. one character at a time. BTW in existence i always wanted to be James Leed, cause he looked like Keanu Reaves. everybody took that guy though :)

Vassago

V
Thats why we havent done that yet.

I mean, I love Vegeta and I will always play as him. He is "my d00d", ever since I saw him in the anime. If I join a server and get stuck playing as Krillan, I'm gonna be pissed - wouldn't you?

Retired
Best answers
uhm yeah i know what you mean, thanks for the krillin example now i really know what you mean :p

Best answers
1 vegeta-- cool. Feels like the show. 8, feels like a final flash circus. Do you see what I mean?

Best answers
Thinking about the problem of overselection (I confess, I am a Vegeta-holic as well) perhaps it could be limited to one Vegeta per side. That would also help in determining your friends from your enemies. Furthermore, the game designers should balance the charcters more, even at the expense of virtuosity. After all, they've already completely messed up people's power levels (frieza shouldn't even be close to cell), why not make Krillian strong enough to throw more than one Kamehameha at a time before having to power up? The inclusion of more attacks could also balance things out for the "weaker" characters.

Best answers
Great! I'd rather see this then 400 vegetas flying around.
It really sucks trying to have some originality and play a character you like when it's piccolo versus 10 vegetas. You really stand out and get nailed with 400 big bangs/final flashes.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just remember hor sucky it would be to jump on last and get stiffed with Krillin. Don't forget that it would cut you down from 16 player games to just 10 if you allow one for each side.

Best answers
My player model assumes that there will be a few more characters added. You also must admit, once x players log on, the game begins to get very laggy anyways; so having a restriction is good. You want an amusing story? I got up to 3M powerlevel with Krillin, sure, he's the lamest character on Earth (LOL) but he's bearable. If you get the short straw on a server, just leave. Big deal.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not like we're talking about 2,000 CS servers, I've only seen 12 or so max at any given time. I agree that people should slow it down a bit with Vegeta. (My name is Cucumba! and I am a Vege-Holic) But, when they even it up a bit, you'll see 30% or so are just spammers that'll move back to discing while val's not present. :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and . . . just as an update, I was the sole Vegeta against 5 Gokus 2 nights ago . . .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think limits would be a good thing.... esf just wouldnt work with limited charaters..

Best answers
Multiple incessant flash-chucking newbies "wouldn't work" with character limits.

Best answers
take me i will switch from vegta to cell and cell to goku and goku to piccolo and piccolo to trunks, but i have to say goku and vegeta is my farvorit

Vassago

V
Well let me ask you this guys - why does the no-class-limit bother you? Because of the Vegeta prob?

You gotta remember, Vegeta isn't always gonna be unbalanced like he is now. In time, the chars will be well balanced and each one will have advantages/disadvantages. So in future releases, people will be more akin to choose characters OTHER than Vegeta. I mean, when we get the transformations in, people will want to be Freiza, Cell, Goku, Gohan or Trunks as well. Maybe even a Mystic Krillan or a fused Piccollo. Just wait and see everyone - we will have the chars balanced soon.

On a side note, please remember that we are still ALPHA.

If you want, we can stop making public ALPHAS available and you will all have to wait for many many months until our "beta" is ready, which will be damn near flawless ;). We release alphas to the public so you can taste little by little, how ESF is shaping up. It's also a good way to bring the bugs to the surface for elimination :)

Best answers
PLEASE DON'T STOP THE ALPHAS!!!!!
We're only saying these things because you ask for our opinions. We all really know you spend a lot of time and energy working on this and it's incredibly NICE of you to release alphas and let us influence the course of the game. I look forward to the modifications in the next version. Steady progression make time seem to go faster than lump sum delivery. Having to wait for a full would be awful.
Sorry if we offend you sometimes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya Dont stop the Alphas i NeeD them!!
When The mod progresses i belive that Player Classes should be brought in so there is not spamming of one player. but at the moment the characters are just unbalanced and there is not enough chacters to choose from so implementing it now would just be stupid.
Will we ever get all the androids implemented?
Need More bad guys!

BrunO

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
restricting char use would ruin esf it creates less game play having 8 vegetas gives you a challenge but once its ballenced it will be better
btw if you take dmz as an example your stuck with 8 players as your highest limit of player cuz there is only 8 chars wouldnt really happen like that in esf team matches tho since tere is 1 of ever char per side

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom