7 Small Sugestions for ESF Alpha 2.0

Best answers
Hi, I'm new here and finally got around to joining the forums. I have 7 tweaking ideas that I think would help ESF. Sorry if they've been discussed before or are obvious.

1) In the character select menus, you should use commas in the Ki values (1, 000, 000 instead of 1000000) just to make them easier to size up quickly.

2) The Good/Evil team select and class select menus should have cancel buttons in case you hit the button for them accidentally. Right now a wrong button push can cost you a life.

3) The Random Class select should be restricted to characters that are implemented enough to have a point to playing them (so not Gohan or Buu, who only have Ki blasts and no reason to be chosen).

4) Goku’s (and any one else who uses it) Solar Flare can only be used once per life right now, which I assume is to avoid Flare spamming. But this can unfairly hurt Goku in long, drawn out matches, like say a one on one match with plenty of Sensu beans that can last for several minutes without a kill. During such a match Goku and other Flare-users would be at a disadvantage, as one of their attacks can only be used during the long period of time and so may be unusable for long periods of time.

So I think it the Solar Flare should either come back after a time limit (like every 2 min), and/or be returned every time a Sensu bean is eaten just incase a battle lasts for a LONG time.

5) Unless the team specifically wanted the crosshair to get lost in certain backgrounds (and I can see reasons they might), it should include two colours.

6) Maybe ESF should have a server set-up option that lets Sensu beans spawn in somewhere, like say at regular player spawn points, so beans can be added to levels designed for other mods or that just don’t include beans (ex: the Swiss Cheese maps). So like every 1.5 min a bag will appear on a random spawn point, and there would be a mad dash to grab them, making things more interesting.

7) ESF should include in the default config. having the weapon 9 category (Sensu Beans) bound to another letter, like say G, as well as 9. Reaching all the way over to hit 9 just takes too long (and sometimes you have to look), and is too hard a stretch, seeing as the beans are something you need NOW.

So, what do you all think?

Best answers
THose Are Good suggestions the esf team should consider to improve the game.i think aswell as ssj they shoul;d include Oozaru/and:eek:r ussj:yes:

Best answers
The funny thing about sensu beans is that neither myself or others I play with find them very often, which has led to a culture of not using them, though the gameplay remains incredibly enjoyable. To prevent such long games, one might include an option to REMOVE sensu beans from a map. That would prevent the long games that keep people from using Solar Flare and would prevent people from trying to camp and hogging all the beans to acheive the ever present DBZ goal... Immortality!

Best answers
Yeah, that's a good idea. Allow long or short battles. If an option like that was doable, it would sure beat having to download two versions of a map!

Best answers
Also, the idea of using commas on Ki values could be extended to other areas with large numbers, like the Ki bar. That could also be a little helpful - it's just a polishing idea, not a major one.

Best answers
How bout when you use a sensu, it heals u, gives u FULL ki, and gives ur PL a boost, cuz in many places in DBZ, when some1 used a sensu, they got STRONGER, so thats wut I say should happen, O, and I like the Solar Flare idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom