Someone Please Help

Best answers
I installed ESF was all excited and about to play when,
An error message pops up that says

Cannot find the file C: \Sierra\Half-life\esforces\../hl.exe (or one of its components)

Someone please tell me what the Hell is going on and make my life happy again

Best answers
Just wondering, but how do you run ESF. Did you make a shortcut c:\serria\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esforces(Not sure if this is right), or do you Open the HL.exe then select ESF in Custom Games? Not sure if that would make a difference.

Best answers
I went to Half life and then to custom games a looked for it but the mod doesent even show up

Best answers
Do you have any other MOD's that work. Also is the esforces in the Half-Life directory(folder). Thats something I've seen where the Half-Life is not in
Code:
C:\Sierra\
Folder and they install ESF in that area but it won't work because Half-Life isn't there. If those are alright then I'll try to think of something else.

Best answers
Let me summarize I downloaded it I installed it at the end of the installation an error message popped up the one i stated previously the game did not start i tried going to half-life and choosing custom game But it didnt show up it is in the half-life directory and i have downloaded it from 3 different places so its not the Install program itself Im feeling like a sinled out victim

Best answers
How large is the download you have? if it is not 39.6 MB you must download, because it got mestup. I've seen install error that say please insert the 2nd disk, but non for what yours says.

Best answers
Yes i installed the full 39.6 3 times thank god for cable modem Eh :), I thank you for your help SSJ Roach But i doubt i can be helped if you get any more ideas on my problem though i would appreciate any suggestions you may have again thanks for at least Replying if you think of anything tell me

Best answers
If u have Downloaded three times make sure u are downloading from different resources and not the same place. You could just be downloading a corrupted file everytime. Also go to your short cut on the desktop and right click it. Go to properties, and where it should say hl.exe put this in after it(space then this stuff, copy and paste)

-dev -console -numericping

The dev and console one activate the console which allows u to do many commands and run files. While in any game just push the ~ key next to the number one and the console will come down.
One command that is simple is: name(space)"your name here" make sure to include ". This will change your name during the game.

The numerpicing will show u the ping number of every server which is much better than those little green dots. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom