half-life mod help quik

Best answers
ok, im a newbie and ive downloaded esf and i dunno how to play it .i put it in the folder and everything.can someone please give me a detailed walk through.and on my half life start page i do not have a custom game option.! thanx

Best answers
Ok if esforces folder is in the c: \seirra\Half-Life\ folder then try to make a shortcut to the Half-life and right click on the Shortcut and select property look where is says c: \seirra\Half-Life\hl.exe then add to it so it looks like this c: \seirra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esforces after that is done click ok and try to open the shortcut if it opens Earth's Special Forces then you got it, if not I'll try to think of something else

Best answers
What EXE do you use to open Half-Life? If its not HL.exe it will not have Custom Games menu option. So just to make sure don't use the CS.exe or the TFC, because that will not work

Best answers
i have the retail version of half life and im currently down loading the 1101 patch will this help any?

Best answers
no it wont because the latest version of hl is 1.1.0.8

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the .exe file you have is an INSTALL file not the game
double click to open it then follow the instuctions like every other install
dont change its install destination tho

Best answers
If you do get a shortcut made, I recommend using "esf.ico" in the esforces folder to make it stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom