Even Classes

Best answers
i Think The Player Classes Definitely Need To be Evened Because when i go onto a server i either see 10 vegeta's all final flashing

10 frieza's gathering in 1 room (especially the 1 in kames lookout )
working together and diskin u as soon as u spawn on the map.

mind u i dont c many piccolo's i thoguht loads of people would be piccolo cus of his eye beam which can be very effective but it gets borin after a bit.

and apart from some n00b's nobody is cell .i also thought everyone would b him cus he has everyones move .

Solid_Rock

S
im not sure but I think nobody is Cell couse hes low PL and then all his moves get real weak

Best answers
Plus a lot of the moves are so similar anyway (I have a Kamehameha and a Gallit gun! WOW! I rule you all!!). :rolleyes: And Cell's health's kinda I think. Plus I don't think he has every weapon.

Best answers
This is going to sound kind of sad, but I just read the game manual a few days ago (BTW it really should be updated) and found out that the top bar is the person's power level (different from max ki) Apparently, the PL controls how much damage you receive and how much your attacks do. WHile this is no surprise to any DBZ fan, my point is how this affects the characters. According to this, poor Krillian's (who already starts out with so little ki he can't fire a full Kamehameha) attacks will be weaker, ki point for ki point, than say piccolo's or Goku's. WHile I'm not a Krillian worshiper, I'll still don't think that people who have to or want to play as him should have such a disadvantage. Right now, the only way to increase PL is to go turbo, but that doesn't balance anything and once the SSJ transformations kick in, things are going to go downhill fast. I have no idea what kind of transformations people like Krillian, Piccolo, and other added charcters could do to match the balance of power between charcters.

My points are this:
1. there must be more ways to increase PL for non-saiyen chars
2. SSJ Transformations should be held back until other charcters can be transformed or...
3. The current PL system should be revised for char balance. On this note, I saw a DBZ mod for the Quake engine. It was rather impressive in terms of graphics and faster speed of everything to make it more like the series. However, the thing I liked most about it was the PL system. Almost everyone started with about the same PL. They gained more by killing (just like max ki in this one). Once they reached one million, they would transform (SSJ, frieza bulking, don't know the rest) and would remain that way until killed (which would reduce you PL. In this format, besides attacks, looks, and maybe speed, all charcters are perfectly balanced. Therefore, it would be possible to allow only one of each char in the game (assuming more are made) with no complaint about who gets stuck with Krillian. I really hope the game makers read this and get some ideas.

PS.(Off topic: is ESF going to have bots that you can play against? The Quake mod does, so I thought I'd ask. You could play alone with NO LAG because it's all on your com.)

Vassago

V
Bid for Power I assume? :p

I've played it....don't like it. hehe

You must remember a few critical points here.

1) We are still in ALPHA. Not beta, but ALPHA. That means we really should NOT have any files for you to play. We do so to allow for bug fixes, and so that you all dont have to wait forever to taste new things.
2) We have only been in dev for about 7 months. I just joined about 3 weeks ago, but even still - 7 months is a short amount of time. DMZ had two years dev time, and IMO they still have a LOT to work on.
3) Hars is god ;) He is adressing a lot things right now. The PL system is going to balanced, and soon. Lots of things are changing, and a lot of new in-team ideas are cropping up on a lot of differant topics. Just be patient and it will get better than you expect.

Best answers
I'd like to apoligize for the errors in my previous post. I had just read the manual (which really needs to be updated) and it had said there was NO WAY to increse PL besides going turbo. Since I had not been paying attention to the top bar, I did not realize it went up with max ki, so that a good palyer behind a completed Krillian could become more powerful than a Goku or Vegeta. However, I would like to mention -don't know if this is bug or intended- once when I died in a game my pl reverted to starting levels (whiched completly sucked since the score was like 12-0 for me at the time, then my Kamehamehas started losing to burning attacks). The death in question may have been considered a suicide because I may have backed up so far that I was in a wall (causing blast to be fired to blow up in my face). If intended, please change this, it's not fun to have to revert everytime the game "registers" a suicide even if it wasn't planned. If a bug, then please fix it for the same reasons. Thank you for your patience and consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom