Admin Mod / Metamod Coding

Best answers
Hey guys, I've hosted a server for ESF every now and then, you may see my server on DMZ as well. its usually got the name

Darkchyldrn {-:DBL:-} Aftermath
or
Darkchyldrn ESF/DMZ Aftermath

Anyways, I've gotten tired of all this arguing and bickering.
And I know to me, esf gets tiring when you play the same map
over and over. So I'm adding Admin Mod.

Here are some function that will help make ESF more interesting:

Adding of Spawn Points
Vote to Change Map
Vote to Kick
Sound Effects (Admin only for now)
Server Replies
Clan Nick Protection
Slapping (for those of you out there that like to be twits)
Friendlyfire
restartmap
extend map

Some things I want to add:

admin_vote_tournamentmode !!!

Yeah! I want to make a tournament mode via admin mod (if possible) where it automatically sorts out who fights who.
Then if you TK someone while the Tournament is on, have it auto-ban you during the tournament. YOu will know who fights who
because it will say in the center of the screen. I don't know if its possible, but I have some very talented coders who use
admin mod that may be able to do it.

admin_final_flash >=) You will learn about this one all in good time.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So, if there are any suggestions to incorporate, please feel free to suggest them.

I will also be looking for Admin Mod Coders, if any out there would like to help me, it would be greatly appreciated! (Since time is very limited to my schedual.)

Best answers
Well I will host the server. Its the coding that is the hard part. Once I get the coding done, then maybe we can eaither

A.) Release Admin Mod included WITH ESF?

or

B.) Have a Side download for Admin Mod.

Although I don't like the Idea of Admin Mod going around on Listen Servers for those 1 on 1 people, etc. It could lead to a lot of Admin Mod Abuse and uterly destroy ESF. It killz a lot of CS servers because of Abuse. So I think I will only release it to Dedicated Servers.

IE: Vals Server, My Server, and any other Servers that I haven't already noticed.

Best answers
Sounds like a good idea, have you talked to Harsens about it, or any team members yet? They might have some ideas or be willing to help. Another idea i mentioned in another thread is an anti-spam attack function, so people can't fire a ton of beams in a matter of two-seconds which kills gameplay. I guess that's it

Best answers
I would love to see admin mod thats compatiable with esf. You get it running, ill run it on my server, with a with alterations to comply with my rules. I have been trying very hard to get admin mod to work. I have gotten esf to load admin mod, but it doesnt work properly, and ****s up the esf code. Like I said, you get it to work, and youll see it put to good use. I say seperate download, most people play esf, not run servers. This will make a bit lighter of a download, then again if it needs to coded into esf it self, theres no way to avoid this. Now excuse me, I need to move stuff around with a forklift before my boss bitches at me.

Best answers
Hey Valkyrie Alpha, I will assume you are the owner of Val's Server! Which is good for me, cause I've been meaning to talk to you. Tell ya what, get on ICQ: 78090838 and touch base with me, and I will get it incorporated. Its Admin Mod which does the functionings and its Metamod that includes the mod so its compatible. I'm half done already with adding it to meta mod. When I finish it, maybe we can throw up beta servers to test it. I don't want it to be for public download, thats all we need is a bunch of listenserveres going up with Admin Mod installed (I think ESF will agree with me on this one, in fact I know they will. :) .)

If you don't have ICQ, I have AIM, Cookster88, and my email is [email protected]

And do you know how to code Admin Mod at all? I know how to tweak it, but not much more than that.

Best answers
Well ill be home about 4:00 cst, its 3:15 cst right now. I havent yet tried to script for the admin mod, since I cant get it to work for esf I havent tried to yet. Ill take alook at it today when I get home. Sorry about not being able to get ahold of me, if the motd worked correctly with esf, you would see my aim, icq, and email :p , which should be fixed in the next version I do believe. This is great news, ill contact you when I get home, damn I work too much.
/me goes punches the time clock

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom