Maybe the Disks are a necessary part of ESF.

Best answers
Well I'm not sure about this but I've done some thinking and I thought I'd better share a reason or two I realised that makes disks (I'm mostly talking about Frieza/Cell's, but I guess Krillin's is at stake here too) an important balancing force in ESF. :shocked: Here we go.

If you're too busy to read the whole thing, scroll down to the blue arrow at the bottom for a summary. It looks like this:
:notice: I understand it's long; just wanted to be clear.

Imagine you've just entered a game, and there's a REALLY good player getting one of those amazing scores some people on this board achive. You know, the 295-15 score:death ratios that prove Piccolo doesn't suck :). It doesn't have to be that bad, but sometimes there's someone clearly dominating with a humongous PL and a full sack of Sensu beans. Anyone who tries to attack get's a Bigbang or something out-PSing them and gets two attacks in their face, while people can run behind corners and still get totally killed by the incredible explosions.

If they have weak competition and/or beans we can see those incredible scores starting to come around. Anyone who attacks them gets out-PSed and have their attacks slapped back and them. Meanwhile, the dominating players can rack up kills quickly with the incredible explosive power they have: they can fire NEAR anyone and take them out. Basically, they have a dominating advantage (which I admit they've earned) over the server.

Now, it's my understanding if people die they get dropped to the average PL of the server, so killing this person would solve the problem. Since they're good and have such a huge lead they'll likely win, but at least you'll have a fighting chance against them and you can have an interesting competition. So, how do you kill them? I've got a few ideas, one of which is of course the disk.

1) Keep attacking depserately and hope they make a mistake.
2) Do suicide charges and hope you both die in any blasts.
3) Rally all the players to kill the dominating one.
4) Hope for a Solar Flare, and then a kill.
5) Drill them with Piccolo's eye lasers or Ki Blasts incesantly.
6) Try to disk them: if you ever get a hit the PL won't matter.
7) Give up and try to take on everyone else who sucked enough to give this person such a high PL.

If anyone can think of something extra tell me.

1) and 2) can likely be counter a lot by the good player, and will almost certainly result in tons of deaths and almost no kills.

3) might not help if the other players suck, or there's always the chance of betrayals. Besides, only one of you gets one kill, while the high-PLer gets a chance to kill you in droves.

4) Tough to pull of given their incredible strength. But a good idea.

5) I usually try this with Piccolo; your lasers will wear them down eventually. But in the mean time they'll get plenty of kills on you and if they have beans they can keep going for a LONG time.

7) Is what often happens, which many people will say is fine. You can still get 2nd place. :)

6) This is still very hard to do. Disks make you damn slow and are easily avoided. BUT, they cannot be shot away in a power struggle and are an instant kill, regardless of sensu beans.

What I'm saying is that option 6 keeps "the fear of god" in these people, and is sort of a balancing mechanism to keep them in check. A disk cannot be PSed with and kills in one hit, so maybe it's needed as a weapon of last resort. I'm not really sure, but thanks for taking the time to consider it with me.

:notice: Summary

-People who get long winning streaks and huge PLs can completely dominate the game: they can over-power-struggle any attacks that come their way and kill people even if they duck around corners or behind cover. If they have Sensu Beans you're looking at a dictatorship. Killing them would reset their PL to the server average and give you a chance against them.

-Eliminating them with conventional attacks is very hard if they're alert and keep something charged: they can knock back your attacks

-A sever-wide gang-up isn't kill efficient, and neither are suicide attacks (if they blast you the explostion couldn't kill them). A solar flare & attack or drilling them with Ki Blasts/Eye Lasers (which can't be PSed against) can work, but Sensu Beans and a good opponent can make these difficult.

-The disks are difficult to deploy, but allow an instant kill and cannot be power-stuggled against. These keep high-PL players on their toes and give you a chance to drag them back to your level of play, reviving the competition.

-I'm still not sure about the disks, but thought these idea should be considered.

Best answers
I personally haven't decided how I'll vote on the poll. If I knew I'd tell you my opinion, but I posted this to hear what you all think. So I'm not for sure any way yet. Oh yeah, before it comes up, I'm not a disk spammer. :rolleyes:

Best answers
Well, it goes like this...no matter how many polls or topics get posted on by the "disc", it is a part of ESF and will continue to remain in the game up to it's completion. It may be changed as deemed neccessary, but it'll always be around. And Piccolo, just shut up, like I said I know more about what's to come than what you think.

Whats that? Paladin in your eye?
Best answers
too many polls on the same subject

moved to off topic

Best answers
Well, It don't matter about kills, just about PL. They may have an awesome number of kills, but maybe a lower thatn expected PL. And if you keep attacking, always on the offensive, you can defeat them. No one is invincable, but using the disk, IMO, is cheating yourself when you can use your abilities effectively. 'Sides, this mod is based off DBZ. What does Goku do when up against a stronger force or a disk eh? :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
almost dies but some how lives and gets real mad and goes to a higher level of ssj just to almost kill them but lets them go cause he is such a good guy...

thats what goku does... :p

Best answers
that and gets his butt kicked one or more times, trains and returns the favor

Best answers
i reckon just leave it in there, i mean he doesnt exactly have any other moves to do huh :rolleyes:

Best answers
It seems killing someone won't reset their PL, it will just pull it closer to the server average. And you can't kill some people as Frieza, grab some PL, then switch to another class. You'd lose your PL.

Still, my comment about disks being a good way to deal with high-PL players still counts. Players with high PLs can really dominate the game. I suppose if you were playing a team game or cap. the dragonballs, a good strategy would be to have a Frieza harass the enemy's top players, as diskers would be quite suited to scaring and killing them. Or use it on the team's sensu bean handlers, if you somehow knew who had them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom