Talking Damage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok your in the middle of a conversation, chating, then your halfway through your sentence and BOOM a Final Flash, very cheap attack I might add, hits you and you die, erase your whole sentence, and bitch to the guy who killed you, "WTF!!!!! I was typing I wasnt moving you ass!!!", then you cant remember what you were typing.

Ok so what I'm trying to say is make it so when you type with at least 25 letters, and/or numbers, with at least 7 spaces that you cant get hit, but so it wont be a cheat you have to be no doing any move, including chargeing and flying (which I think now are together), for at least 7.5 seconds.

Best answers
the thing is people can't tell you're typing, maybe if there is a way a little chat icon could appear over you're head like in quake3 would help matters out, but i know what you're talking about, although i just don't chat anymore :)

Best answers
Its possible to make a little symbol above you, I've seen that sort of thing in Half-Life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and it really sucks when ur baning someone for disking and someone else comes up and kills u....

so yeah esf should do that....

Best answers
yea the typing thing about the head was a good idea in q3 and would work, but u attack at such long distances in esf u wouldnt be able to see the icon

Best answers
I'm think you can even get models that change when you're typing. I think the best bet would be:

1) Have a typing symbol/model
2) Have things set on default to do no damage to someone who's been talking for say 2 sec, 7 characters, whatever.
3) Have a console command for turning #2 on and off, so that way if someone's being lame and using typing a lot you can shut if off quickly for that fight.

The only question is, while you're typing will Kamehameha's still explode when they hit your, or go through you? Otherwise you could change things, like creating a barrier for someone else via chatting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and its posible to move and shoot when typing...

Best answers
A death really ain't that bad. I mean it's just one death! If you feel like typing that bad, either 1. join the IRC channel 2. wait til you're dead 3. find a good hiding place. Now if you were a hardcore Diablo 2 player, I may understand, but this game isn't hardcore (thank god) so let deaths be deaths. I never get bothered while killed during typing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i move when typing so its no prob..

Best answers
Well Helmet is right on this ... if you wanna chat either wait till you die or hide somewhere and type.
Hence if you stop in the middle of the screen and you complain you just got type killed...:cry:

Serious, a feature like this would get exploited by some guys 100%.So use IRC to chat and ESF to play and if you just got type killed well.. life goes on

Best answers
I join helmet in his opinion..
it's only one death.. sjiez, in this game you die so many times. and you kill even more times..
i'm an average player with 50kills/20deaths in under half an hour.

Then if you get killed while talking, it sux.. but just fly 2 the person who shot you and kick his ugly ass..
or just go fly skyhigh, turn off your turbo, and most of the time they are 2 busy with killing others that they don't see you, at least not immediately.. or find another good hiding place..:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom