how do u play a demo?

coozone

C
so how do i play demos in HL? cause i wanna see some ESF demos i got. pls help me

coozone

C
what i mean by a demo was a video. like someone recorded them making that huge spirit bomb and i wanted to watch it. its a clip and there is a way to watch them but i dont remember how!!! pls help me

TonyMontana

T
I think he's talking about the preview for 2.0. I think you need DivX to watch that. Look for it at www.downloads.com (if thats what you are talking about).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
you can watch the demo in hl there is a console command ill get it tommorow

Best answers
I have a question as well, how do you change demos (movies from game) into formats like Avi and such?

Best answers
to answer your question gundamseph. When your going to make your movie type startmovie <nameofmovie> in teh console and it will start recording which is basically taking about 20 screenshots a second so you will lag. then when your done type endmovie inthe cosole. then you have to get the file that it created which will be very large in size depending how long u recorded(i recorded 37 seconds and it was 348 mb). then you have to get the hl mkmovie utility which is in the sdk which takes the file and turns it into a bunch of .bmps which u import into a program to export as avi. You can use Adobe Premiere to do this and theres a shareware program you can use but i forget the site.

Best answers
Alright thanks, i'll give it a shot, and also, to stop the movie a faster way is just typing stop.

Thanks

Best answers
stop is to stop recording a demo but if it works then knock urself out =P

Best answers
Oooh ok, now i get it, lol sorry i'm a bit slow at times. I re-read your message and noticed it, thanks. C ya

Best answers
i just get a computer that has s-video out, then plug it into a comp that has S-video in and record...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom