Can't Play Esf

Best answers
I cannot get 2.0 to work. I have only played 2.0 once. One day it started acting up, it refused to work. Everytime I try to play ESF, Half life crashes! It has been doing that ever since. I have tried everything, rebooted my comp, uninstalled/installed halflife, you name it. But I just can't get it to work. Please help me!

Here is what the thing said everytime Hl crashed:

Hl has caused an error <unknown>
Hl will now close.

If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.

HELP ME!

Best answers
hmm, start checking your system config.
did the 'normal' halflife work? or does that also crash? try another videomode, like open_gl(mine crashes if i use direct3d).
Check in your control panel-system for any hardware problems.
And have you updated your halflife to the latest version(whatever number that is:)).

just some suggestions

Best answers
Im sure regular HL works, i can use dod and dmz, no sweat. I dont know whats up with it.

Best answers
hohoho you could always use the solution that always works for me, reformat muhahaha. I have a reformatting addiction :( anyone know a good clinic?

Best answers
nope just buy another HD so u can backup and reformating is easy.. :D but im with u man we need a clinic also a useless **** clinic would also be good..

Best answers
I would reformat, but i dont know how to, could u explain it to me.. i want esf BAD

Best answers
dude, you don't need to do that, I was talking with someone on another board that he said that he had EXACTLY the same prob, same messages and that, it was a corrupted registry file, I don't know which, that is all he told me, but just look for the registry files you use and see if you can find the corrupted one, he said that it was only with esf as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom