PL Saving?

Best answers
How bout peeps that really WORK hard and have a high PL be able to save there PL until the next time they play. All peeps can do this at any time, for any reason. As soon as someone leaves, there stats are stored. This way, when you come late, you can stil OWN EVERYONE.

I know this wont work too good for the n00bs that just joined and have a low PL, but they can eventually attack someone (after they find out who has a high PL wit there *new* scouter) and they will gain there PL up over time.

Plus, when in a clan match, w***ver WORKED HARDEST, AND PUT THERE TIME INTO ESF MORE THAN EVERYONE ELSE, there clan will have better odds.

I know people are gonna say "Well, then everyone would be way too strong, and it WOULDNT be fun". But look at the SHOW. the higher the PL, the more action and BLOWING UP THERE IS! (I like explodey things......LOL)

If peeps have close PL, it will be like the show, they wont get hurt too much (like one hit from a BB w/o a big charge CAN KILL ANYONE), it will be an even match with peeps who have high PLs, and I think, itll be more fun then it already is. (not that Im sayin it isnt great...)

Well, wut you guys think?

Best answers
It censored the word "H O E" in who_ever.........weird? I didnt even want THAT meanin........

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
1. People will get dumb PL's like 4000 Mill!! and CAN NOT be killed

2. people with high PL's will blow up the whole mpa, killing everyone and getting more PL

3.totaly UNFAIR

4. do we really need to give Vegetas anymore Power?!?!?

Best answers
Because Vegeta has the FF and BB...

I love playing as Vegeta, but once I played as Goku against some Vegetas and i had no problem playing against Vegetas. I dont think Vegeta is too strong as the people say... ok his atacks r a little stronger as the others but once u get more Ki u can block a lot of atacks and contenue alive.

It is not as hard as all tha guys says...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
1. You could decrease the amount of pl you get from a kill or hit so those pls are really hard to get and players that get them really good.

2. I already think the blast radius for some attacks is to big, it could be made smaller.

3. So is life, get over it.. LOL. If there isn't a difficulty then good players will just get bored and leave. With this, there is an incentive to work hard and become the best.

4. Vegeta isn't that powerfull. Goku already has the oppurtunity, apparantly to go SSJ 3 which Vegeta cant so it should balance out between them. Also, none of Vegetas attacks are perfect. FF takes along time to charge and BB can be dodged quite easily. Giving him more power wont really change that.

I think this save thing could be a really good idea, it would make the game harder but at least now people would be aiming for something higher.

Best answers
Great ideas ENGER, yeah, I think you should only get like........200 PL per kill (maybe a LITTLE more.....). And I THINK THE CLAN MATCHES WILL OWN IF ITS LIKE THIS.........Oh, AND WUTS UP WITH THE 66.67% OF PEEPS WHO SAID STFU TO ME ON THE POLL? I SHOULDNT PUT THAT PART. "NOTE TO SELF: DONT PUT "STFU TO POLL MAKER" AS AN OPTION"

Best answers
So PL will be saved on the server when you leave?

-That will mean people can only train on that server: people with say limited internet time cannot train offline with bots or on LANs to improve
-People will always take the same server and dominate, if that server's full they'll have to pick another one and all their hard work will be lost
-Popular servers could conceiveable clog the server's computers with different PL values (although I doubt it)
-If the server running computer crashed, all PL values would be lost
-If several people use the same computer & internet connection, then they would all have to share the same PL and so someone's little brother could go on line, play an AWFUL game, and severly reduce a player's PL while increasing the PL of the player's rivals
-If someone's traveling and they play ESF on the road, then they lose their PL
-The above two could be fixed by attaching PL to name, but then good players would have many clones
-Adding a password feature to PLs would add extra work and extra data storage issues
-If people get to a really large PL, one can get it so even a minimally charged SBC will destroy EVERYONE, including themselves, meaning no skill & no fun. People would have to go to a new server to put their PL to 0, and what if they run outta servers some day?
-As time passes it will be harder and harder for newbies to join. You can't make "PL 100 000 000 + only" servers because as soon as the server is joined, PL would drop to 0 again.

Some of these problems could probably be gotten around (let people voluntarily reduce their PL, have password sign ins and an online PL rating vault which all servers access), but I see too many pitfalls for it to likely work. If you can convince otherwise, I'm listening.

Best answers
That would work a *lot* better, but could lead to more cheapness. It would mean people could hack their PLs, and copy them to friends, and sell them on E-Bay :) and so on. But I guess that would be the only practical way: you could keep different PL files for different people, and back up the files and take them on the road with you.

Although I guess it could mean I could keep playing ESF against easy Akimbots or a non-manned LAN opponent to build PL.

Oh, how would it deal with switching characters? Would you get a PL for all characters, because right now you're penalzied for changing characters. If you can switch players, I could go nuts with Frieza on Akimbot and then switch to Vegeta online and own, and if you can't switch it would mean people would want to take one character and stick with it continuously.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I like the idea of people sticking with one char. It might even boost the players using chars like Piccolo and Krillen. If people know they can keep increasing their chars strength, they might be more willing to be different and that can only be a good thing.

Best answers
Well, I say you *should* be able to save on ur PC, but they should make it that you DO have to use same character. If we didnt, that would be like Goku in the show sayin "Hey, Im bored of bein *Goku* let me play as a Vegeta" WHAT THE HELL KIND OF A MORON WOULD DO THAT????

Best answers
At really high PL levels, which you could reach w/ PL saving, you can really screw up the game. A newbie joining, who has good talent, could join a server and despite skills have NO chance of winning against people who can shoot Big Bangs that fill a 3rd of the level!

Right now, often Piccolo's eye lasers do NO damage to those with a great enough PL advantage. Can you imagine if your fully charged Kamehameha can do no damage!? It could happen eventually.

All the newbies would have to turn to disc spamming just to have a CHANCE of killing someone.

Also, it could make Sensu Beans useless. Once you get powerful enough, it makes it much easier to kill someone in one shot. Although high PL does also give higher endurance, I'm saying that if someone plays ESF for 3 hrs a day vs. 2 hrs, with equal skill, the 2hr person will eventually find Sensu beans useless against the 3hr person.

Any ideas how to compensate for all this?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
How about this:

Above the power level and energy bars, you could have a stamina bar. The stamina bar starts at 100%, this is a constant for all players regardless of Char or Powerlevel. As you use attacks, your stamina bar slowly decreases. As it does this, your attack strength and radias decreases also regardless of Char or Power Level. When the bar reaches 0% you have no choice but to stand still and wait for your bar to recharge, only while still (flying or not) can the stamina increase. I have two reasons for this idea, besides for helping newbies fight people who have been fighting for 3 hours straight.

1. Attack spamming would stop, big attacks like Discs, FF, etc would waste more stamina than others.

2. It could even out the chars, Krillen and Piccolo would use less stamina in attacks (Piccolo could even recharge his slowly all the time because of his regenerative skills), while the Saiya-Jins would use more stamina due to the fact that they have so many other advantages.

So, what does everyone think?

P.S. I just wanted to add that i didn't take the idea from Hitman. I just saw that he posted a similar idea a few minutes after posting this one (i noticed it after posting this one, not he posted his after mine) and i thought this might avoid some flames.

Best answers
Thanks for trying, BUT: if I'm running out of stamina I just hit retry. Sure I lose my kills, but my PL sure saves!:devil: Or I could get kicked out by a lag spike or whatever, then come in and the problem is lost. Also when the level changes stamina would return to normal.

Best answers
How bout when you PU, ur KI comes back, but it also makes ur Stamina come back. Itll take twice as long as just PU KI, but it would be quicker than HAVIN TO CAMP WHILE UR RESTIN. AND IN THE SHOW, THE BARELY EVER GOT TIRED!!! WHENEVER THEY GOT STRONGER, THEY GOT LESS TIRED!!! AND THE THING THAT SAIYA-JINS SHOULD HAVE TO USE MORE STAMINA, I AGREE, BUT AFTER THEY REST (WHICH SHOULD BE LESS TAN NORMAL......) THEY GET STRONGER, LIKE IN THE SHOW!!! WUT U THINK?

Best answers
everyone here has some interesting ideas but then again,if it isnt broke, why fix it?

Best answers
If we fix it like this, then it will be more challengin, because you would want to become the best (like Vegeta strives to do). Do you understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom