Tranformations For Humans

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes what the title says,
Heres how it would happen, btw i got this from DB, simplely they bulkup dont lose speed but gain power.

I got this from the DB episode were "The Turtle Hurmit" uses his Kamehameha to put out fire mountain. So these transformations would be like the show.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We may disagree on banning issues, but I agree with you on this. This transformation would be cool for Tien, Yamcha and Krillin (If Tien and Yamcha ever get added).

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Would it be a powerup that was, say, comparable to the Kaioken attack? "i hope thats how its spelt o_o " obviously multiplied, say, the first powerup was, for arguments sake, a Kaioken times 10? or something along those lines? just trying to work it out in my own mind while typin this, Anyone else got an opinion on this topic?

Cheers

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
. . . trained at King Kai's planet, apparently none of them were able to do the Kaioken (yep, you spelled it right) or Genki Dama after training with King Kai. So while the Kaioken idea is good, it deviates from the show. We won't have SSJ3 Vegeta or other things that didn't happen.

Vassago

V
Well, the humans DID have certain abilites ya know.

There is Mystic Gohan and Krillan. Kaio trained Yamcha, Tien and Piccolo. We will be addressing this as we get closer to BETA form.
The next alpha will not be completely balanced though guys, since we are still working on certain things. Just keep in mind we are in alpha, and that by the time we hit BETA, everything will be coo :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
WAIT theres a Mystic Krillan???????????

Best answers
Vassago you guys are doing a fantastic job and ESF is damn good. By the time it is Beta you should be making people buy it, tha fact that we get this for free means we should do nothing but consturctive criticism. Your modles look perfect in direct3d and this game should be played in nothing less. You can always expect ****py decals when using ****py video modes like software or even opengl.

I have seen no problems while using direct3d, also if you have a ****py video card do not worry. Seeing as how christmas just passed or if you have a birthday coming up go to Best Buy buy the ATI radeon 32mb pci card will fix your problems and its not $200, $100, it is only $69.99

THANKS ESF

P.S. I hope you guys are getting paid for all your hard work
:D :D :D

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Vassago
Well, the humans DID have certain abilites ya know.

There is Mystic Gohan and Krillan. Kaio trained Yamcha, Tien and Piccolo. We will be addressing this as we get closer to BETA form.
The next alpha will not be completely balanced though guys, since we are still working on certain things. Just keep in mind we are in alpha, and that by the time we hit BETA, everything will be coo :)
Sorry Vass.....the only "mystic" character would be Gohan. Krillen gets hair because he stopped shaving his head, since he stopped fighting. Nothing mystic about letting hair grow out.
And gohan isn't even human. He's a half-breed mutt.

Yamucha, Tenshinhan and Piccolo never learn kaio-ken or the genki dama. Toriyama never even brings up the idea that they were taught the attack, although it would make sense that would have been taught it.
The human characters are fine and all...but if you start adding in the forms and all...you'll have to either make the weaker, single-form characters stronger...or just drop them from the game.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Actually, Yamcha does do Spirit Bomb. Only once during DBZ though, when he was training against the Saiya-Jins on Kame's Lookout, he gathered a huge ball of energy which he could direct around the room and finaly detenate. As he powered it up, he said:
"Spirit Bomb." I dont actually think its the same thing, just a bad translation of the Japanese name, but it was still pretty cool.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he calls it the genki dama in the japanese version too, but the difference is that Yamcha powers his with his energy only, not the kami (spirit or energy, not Kami-sama) of the world.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Yeah..he does call that the spirit bomb..at least he does over here.

It's NOT the same technique.
Although..the name DOES fit..since he is using his spirit/ki/chi/internal energy(whatever you want to call it..it's all pretty much the same) to make a ball/bomb.

And, cucumba!, couple things..
kami has nothing to do with everygy or spirit...you're thinking of ki

and, any word on tht rpg?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kami is a Shinto term that is hard to describe. All things have kami, the more majestic the more kami it has. You'll notice that Goku calls upon the sun, the sky and *all* spirits living in nature. That's Kami, Chi/Ki/Qi/Kiap is all self contained energy ussually being generated inside a living thing and used by that thing only. :) Enough of the eastern philosophy though.

As for the RPG, I have reveiwed the D20 system reference document so I don't get sued by Wizards of the Coast. I am hammering out the rules for races and classes now. The Martial Arts and Ki system are done. Combat will be D20 SRD standard. Funi should leave me alone because I won't use the established characters. The website is here. I'm calling the game An Eye for an Eye. I'll start updating the site soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom