Looking for comments and ideas...

Best answers
As you know, I'm the new graphics coder for ESF. I would like the fans input on what they think would be nice to have. Remember, I am ONLY the graphics coder, other others do everything else.

My list right now includes:
1. Better explosions using a particle system
2. Taunting
3. Better auras using the particle system
4. Smoke trails when flying low to the ground
5. ...

Add more onto the list if you have any "GOOD" and "REALISTIC" ideas.

Thanks for your input!

- BLAZER

Best answers
when u go SSJ in next version make it have dust flying around everywhere nearby the one that goes SSJ, thats all i can think of for now.. unless this is already done

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Par...tt..tt..ii..i.c.alllll.lllll. system?
What is it?

OMG!!!! 100 post!!!!

Smiley party!

:) :rolleyes: :shocked: :p :tired: :cry: :S :devil:

I'm so happy!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*psst* Everyone vote for particle system:) its advanced code that makes sprites have gravity, so basically you can make dust swirling around the player, disapearing as it gets futher and larger. Very nice stuff...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Better auras using the particle system

right now all i see is a big ball of light.......so

Better auras using the particle system

Best answers
Like this:

This is a particle system. It's works very good with fire, explosion effects, powerups, etc.

This picture is of a simple fire. And it does NOT use sprites, no sprites are involved. It is built out of however many particles it says.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
could you do a sample aura ? ;/

Best answers
Hey everyone, it's me again, the aura wasn't very hard at all. All I needed to do was make changes to the speed, color, and the spread, and I came up with this little bugger:

Alright, some may be like, OMG AWESOME, others may be like THAT ISN'T AN AURA! Well, I just whipped this up by using the fire particle system. So lay off and wait until I finish it. But there it is.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i like the powerup sequence from Savior of Strength... when the character powers up the ground/level shakes, dust flys everywhere, and the aura gets larger...

check it out

the only thing i would change is make the dust fly up and rotate around the character...
now what would be really cool is if you can make it so that when you powerup/go ssj you destroy parts of the map, like rocks, buildings and stuff like that... but i dont think half life can handle that... so ill just have to dream...

Best answers
Awsome! But as p5yCh0 said, put dust around the character that would look hella sweet!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Savior of Strength??? whats that a mod for?

your good Blazer:yes: :]

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
its a dbz mod for Q3 i believe.... they plan on having more than 30 characters... thats nuts.. check out their site.. theres only 1 good modeller/skinner tho (gogitason)... they have some interesting ideas on gameplay which i hope esf will pick up on

Best answers
In DBZ whenever anyone flies near water, it sprays up in huge waves. Could you do that with the particle system?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe making the flying different?that u fly horizontal when u have ur turbo on?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about some more detail to beam attacks' tails. All of your Ideas are cool. I think I speak for everyone when I say that were glad to have you aboard!

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very true, welcome here :D

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
How about, if your fighting with turbo on and have a high enough pl, when your punches and kicks make contact with your enemy, you are both surrounded by a circle of faint white energy, something a spectator would see but you probably wouldn't, like in the big fight between Goku and Frieza?

Oh, and congratulations. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Particle System looks COOL! I see great potential with it!

Welcome To the team. Your work so far is brilliant.

BrunO

Best answers
but doesnt all those particles slowdown your fps? may be not 1 powerup or beam ..but whats with 4 people powering up at one time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom