Question

Best answers
In BFP the beams blow up when they hit ya. But in dragon ball, they disintegrate people or they trow you about 30 feet and nock you out cold. They can also pop arms and other lims off and make a good size hole in you:fight: . The big bang blows up, hence the name. I just went to know why the beams blow up and not disintegrate you in a big wave of KI.

(ouch)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats a good idea... Blow a hole through someone with your SBC, or throw em back with a kamehameha wave:)

Best answers
Knocking the player back after a direct hit could be very possible. But blowing peoples limbs off, and holes in their chest, would unbalance the game if you loose an arm and have to fly around like a chicken with its head/arm cut off. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like the idea of The blowing back part. But i think disintegrating some1 with a attack wud be stupid Because if the attack does not completly kill them then were wud they be. But if it could be HP specific also. I think away o get round the prob wif desintegrating make a mixture of colour particles blast behind the model until the model dissapears like it usuall does. Dont fink it would be to hard.

BrunO

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They can also pop arms and other lims off lmao

Vassago

V
Making holes in the models, or losing limbs would be really hard to do, animation-wise, and would be a HELL of a lot of work for Darktooth. I think that seeing bloddy chunks of your enemy is also a little more exciting than seeing him just dissapear.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but in the show kamehamehas and strong blast decintigrate the person... i think the sbc and disk are the only attacks that blow or cut off limbs...

Best answers
Originally posted by Vassago
Making holes in the models, or losing limbs would be really hard to do, animation-wise, and would be a HELL of a lot of work for Darktooth. I think that seeing bloddy chunks of your enemy is also a little more exciting than seeing him just dissapear.
actually, it would be kinda easy to make holes in someone... depending on how detrailed you wanted to get... like if you wanted a hole on his chest only then you would assign joints in like a circle motion and have a circle appear... very very easy :)

Best answers
How about you guys make it so when people PS the loser disintegrates and make the explosion huge... that would be sweet. Make people actually wanna do PSs more instead of running around just using big bang and such. :talk:

Banned
Banned
Best answers
It's possible to do things such as limb loss with the half-life engine.
It's a pain, but it can be done.

There was a mod in development awhile ago, probably dead now, which was implementing removable limbs.
Of course, each limb was a separate model that would have to be aligned perfectly, otherwise the bits would be jumping around all over the place.

The only engine that I've seen that does limb-loss extremely well is the oen used for soldier of fortune.

As for the disintergration, I'm not sure if that would be possible....particle effects may work, but I'm not entirely sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom