Capture Mode idea.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
This idea is based on the capture game on TFC. The one where each team starts on opposite sides of the map from the other and they have to move forward to capture all of four points.

My idea is that the two teams, good and evil start on two sides of the map in their own bases. The map has four buildings max, big steel buildings with either a long maze of corridors or a huge hall inside.

The evil team has to destroy the buildings and the good team has to protect them. The catch is that the buildings are special bunker like buildings, attacks are repelled off them. So for the evil team to destroy them they have to get to the middle of the building. Once there a member of the evil team stands on a platform and waits twenty seconds with a charge meter building up at the bottom of his screen and his character slowly starts to glow. When the bar is fulland your char is enveloped in bright energy, the evil char explodes, sending a wave of energy outwards in a sphere that disintegrates the building but leaves the evil char intact.

The goal of the good team is to save all the buildings. The only way to ressurect a destroyed building is to stand in the platform of the rubble and wait for fifthteen seconds for a charge bar on the bottom of his screen to fill up. When it does this, the seven dragonballs appear and send out Shen Long, who will recreate the building (thats the only choice, it wouldn't be fair for the evil team if the good team had exclusive access to wishing.)

The evil team wins the match by destroying all the buildings and then destroying the good teams base. The good team have to ressurect all the buildings and then destroy the evil teams base. At the begining of the game, the two buildings on the evil teams side are destroyed and the two on the good teams side are intact so it begins with a race to see who can get to their objectives first. Or you might want to be defensive and blast your enemy as he comes to you.

So, post what you think, what i could improve and whether you think this could be good in ESF. (Or of course if ESF is already doing this and i just missed it. :) )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uh why not just have it so the bad guys just shoot at the bulidings and they blow up? and the good guys have to stop them...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Well, i thought it would be to easy if all the evil guys had to do was shoot the buildings. Imagine 5 evil warriors shooting their strongest attacks at one building, its hard enough to block one attack but with five it could get really confusing. Besides, the evil players could just line up on the other side of the map and fire at all the different buildings, while your team runs around trying to block all the beams without ever having time to ressurect the buildings they had lost.

I did think about having the buildings destroyable from the outside, but then the evil would have had an unfair advantage over the good guys. Not that that isn't usually the case in the show. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom