Such a Big deal.

Best answers
Wow Site looks great. the forum does. All the changes makes me think the new esf is going to be a big deal. I remeber waiting in chat for this one we are playing...and waiting...and waiting...then people started going to bed. Waiting... folks 56k is slow so give it time... *you have left the room* Come back next day. esf is out ya alright. 48 hours later...Man i love this game...whoa i can change some of the mp3s? *another 48 hours* ok i need sleep. noone is playing.

This flashback was very painful. I hope this new one has bigger and better things. yes ssj is nice. but if it is like dmz ssj dont mean much there. oh wow small amount power added. ssj should make you faster charge time faster and bigger area effect. after playing quake 3 for a while. going to esf feels like tribes 2. slow heh. When i think of dragon ball z. powerful does not come to my mind. it is the speed. I do think the more powerful you are you faster you can go and also help with defs. But how can new people beat people with high power then? skill every hit they do gives them power. they would catch up.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see your point, but this time were going to complete it, Accually TEST it for a specified period of time(unlike other releases...), and we will try to get it on the mirrors asap. The speed part is kinda iffy, saying its hard to hit people at current speed, increasing the speed even more will be hella hard to hit anything... In the new inteam, the general speeds are increased. You see, in BFP they make it so you can Wack around the whole beam, instead of it accually "bending", making it easy to hit speeding targets. In esf, the beams accually bend like they do in dbz, which means once your beam goes past that player going 50 mph, there is no way you can hit him(unless you blow it up behind him with a decently high pl).
About the ssj, were working on new FX for the transformations, and scouter modes... Unlike dmz, you can go out of ssj and go in at will. Also, in ESF you can go SSJ in powerstruggles, which helps a lot, trust me on this one:)
The only real problem about the esf_inteam is that the players are slightly too small, making it hard to see them at far distances without them having turbo on. Were still thinking of a way to fix this, hopfully we come up with something decent:)

But hey, who ever said this WAS a big deal? Hell, this could be another alpha 1.8 release! All we said is big update with acouple new goodies. Maybe DMZ slaughters the new version, its all up to the player.

Best answers
Seems like each Update is a big deal. And ya i see your point. i think also in powerstruggles after you pump so much ki into it. have it where they can not blow it up. also i hate that i can do a attack and a small burning attack could make the final flash go away. :-(. At high levels i think when 2 people powerstruggle it should be big and loud with little effects and stuff heh. To prevent from getten killed in a ps too fast. i think them powering up just to do a ps would give them some extra def in the middle of one. i mean ssj is nice. i love that i could go to it. but there should be reward for 2 powerful people fighting each other instead of weaklings. I think the effects would do it. The melee system i would love to see a little diffrent. it goes into a lock mode where 2 people are fighting.this is only if the two people are trying to melee each other. the two fighters can not move during this time. telport would work and they would move across map. but this would drain ki also help maybe dodge other peoples attacks.. but when they are locked up. you tap the second and first for kick and punch. and add cool effects like waves of power going out. *pictures goku vs evil vegeta* doing this time ki is drained and each hit they land hurts. if both of them hit the kick button at right time. they would block each other attacks. make it where timing is the key

alright so i am bored. heh i been trying to find cellgames map all day with no luck.

Best answers
Oh and i am super shocked at how fast you guys work. Most would have to wait alot longer but it seems you all put the fans (us) first and work hard and fast on this mod. this is why i hang around the most.

Best answers
I read this kind of fast, so if I seem completely off the ball, then, oh well, (after all, you saw the site I sent you PCJoe) :D

Anyways....

The game play intended for DBZ Like games never deals with sniping or anything around that area. Its all very close combat. So why would it being hard to see someone far a way be a problem? And wouldn't the scouter reveal their position?

And if that isn't how you wanted to look at the issue, you know how I got Metamod to incorporate ESF right? Well, their is a specific plugin which reveals the players name when you look in their direction. You could do something to that extent. (its also used in the OGC hacks, where you can see the player name.)

:talk: :talk: :talk: Bla'h bla'h bla'h.:talk: :talk: :talk:

Off to bed.

Best answers
hmm i kinda like that idea. but i dont want to see peoples names everywhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom