How to get ESF beta1 EARLY!

vt

V
Okay, ESF beta1 will be out "when its done", however i will be posting a link to an application form that you can submit to us, about setting up a mirror for our next release.

We are looking for server admins to setup as many mirrors as possible within a 24hr timeframe before ESF beta1 is released to the public... whenever that may be... however, we need to get a head start and plan for it so that when the day arrives, it all goes smoothly, and we dont crash any servers in the process ;)

Well, more soon on this, keep your eyes out.

Also, minimum requirements for mirrors are as follows

- MINIMUM Dual T3, OC-13 lines
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- UNIX Server - we will not use NT mirrors.
- DIRECT LINK, aka we dont want ****ty PHP ?file=38569 stuff, we want the full path to the esf.exe or whatever the installer is called.

having said that, im off to code the application form up :]

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hey VT, i'll put it on mah website its got a very fast connection , i always download at 100Kb/s minimum. I dont think its unlimited but i've never had any problem downloading alot of things.

So if i can help ill be glad to. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So i take it FagPlanet wont be hosting a ESF beta1. THANK THE LORD!!
Thanx for making sure they are all diretc links!

BrunO

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Fagplanet sux , if ur file u want to download is higher than 20 megs , you got to log in on gamespy.. bleh!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm....

I need fileplanet, I get an error message from ALL other server when they have to other people on it.

Best answers
DON'T YOU DARE WITH GAMESPY!!! or file flush, or fileplanet. They all mess up, jam up, or want you to sign up, and the sign up for gamespy, it says it'll transmit your info to an unsecure area where hackers can get in. DO NOT USE GAMESPY. Also, try tucows.com, they host the game for free, unlimited bandwhich and space, and their discretion, and they will professionally review a game for free. But I'm not sure if it meets your needs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont suppose I can host it on my SSJ Script site on Angelfire??? The thing has bandwidth probs often, so Im sure that u will be happy to let me host it!! Hehe!! :)

Also, a little off topic, but plz make an update from ESF 2.0 to beta 1 for all the 56k peeps!!

Best answers
I say you do host it on FilePlanet.

The majority of people will be getting it from there.

And honestly, millions of people use FilePlanet, and GameSpy.

Who the hell is going to take the time to hack you, for somethin to do, when he has so many better things to do?

Geez people. Paranoia.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
umm fileplanet sucks and you know how long the wait would be have you waited inline for bfp or dod? :no:

buts its gonna be on there anyway duh!

Best answers
yeah sure, go to gamespay, hack in, OHHH, what's here, a LOT of e-mail names, eh? How's about I just put a virus to all the e-mail addresses. See what I mean?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol no fileplanet or gamespy...

id host it on my website but it has the worst connection in the universe.....

Best answers
I know you all mean well but he did say this:

- MINIMUM Dual T3, OC-13 lines
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- UNIX Server - we will not use NT mirrors.
- DIRECT LINK, aka we dont want ****ty PHP ?file=38569 stuff, we want the full path to the esf.exe or whatever the installer is called

Best answers
well, none of you have unlimited bandwith, and oc3 lines dedicated to this file... i guess he is thinking of PAID hosting... lol

Best answers
I can host it for the first few weeks on my other PC. My other PC is on cable connection. It's not much but it will allow for fast downloads and no interuption.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It may not be unlimited but ts a dual-t3 and its darn fast.

I seen DMZ central and it sux.
Mine is a mod resource website.

Retired
Best answers
i know someone with a very fast server, T3. unlimited bandwith and stuff, but i need to ask him, i'll let you guys know

Best answers
Originally posted by ssjman
yeah sure, go to gamespay, hack in, OHHH, what's here, a LOT of e-mail names, eh? How's about I just put a virus to all the e-mail addresses. See what I mean?

And you being the smart man would obviously open these e-mails, extract the virus?

I've been using Fileplanet for years, and so far I haven't been e-mailed a virus. And if I have been e-mailed a virus, I don't go opening e-mails called "look in hear mr. smartey man1111"

Those clever hackers are out after your e-mail! Watch out!

Now seriously, I think most can agree that real hackers wouldn't bother with something trivial like that.

Best answers
Originally posted by Judge
i know someone with a very fast server, T3. unlimited bandwith and stuff, but i need to ask him, i'll let you guys know
he said oc3 minimum man... lol... oc3 goes 128 mb/sec i think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom