stability

Best answers
i was just wondering if the next version is going to be stable. I love to play ESF, but i cant exit the game without doing alt+control+delete and clicking log off(i got win2kpro).

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HarSens is trying to hammer out bugs, but it can be quite difficult when you got thousands of lines of code:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said that he fixed that!! :) (I got win2kpro also)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just alt+tab it then close it! But Typing quit in the console is prob the best idea!

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since i get my console back, i use nothing else
disconnect to leave the server
exit to close half-life

and if half-life crushs, who cares?
no prob under xp, i just launch it again :D

Banned
Banned
Best answers
XP is just a pile of worthless trash..

Anyway, I had that problem when I played it on a system with win2kpro.
Typing quit in the console works fine.

Best answers
I actually took a look at winXP, I kind of like it, just has security issues. But hey, that goes along with the saying

"If it works, its out of date."

Personally I like Windows ME and Windows 98, Windows 2000 is alright, anything else is basically ****. I do like the smoothness of WinXP, ie the task bar, but I can simply go to Lite step and make my computer desktop look even nicer than that.

If you really ask me, I'd say everything but dos is ****. :)

Dos is the only bug free system I've used. :D

Banned
Banned
Best answers
you must not have heard of linux, then.

it's virtually impossible for that OS to crash....which is why people use it for servers.
because they'll never go down

Best answers
Linux doesn't often crash for me. But yet has my Win XP frozen on me. I have had it for like a month or two, since it came out and it hasn't crashed yet. Win ME was ****, froze up every 13 secs.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True that, XP all the way!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only problem i know of xp is the driversupport
most manufactures just released their 2k-drivers as 2k/xp-drivers ;(
sometimes it works fine, but the elsa and thrustmaster drivers crushed my system several times :\
but now the support is fine and winxp runs 48 hours without a crush :D

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Don't forget that they left a major port completely open, allowing any two-bit hacker to easily access your system and have a field day.
Then there's the buggy universal plug and play, which also allows easy access to your system.
Then there's microsoft's passport system.
they built xp around the idea of every user having a passport account..meaing that eventually, you won't be able to do ANYTHING without having one of these accounts..
Plus, they want their users to use XP for everything....from keeping tack of bills and bank accounts to helping witht heir shopping. Hence, they made Microsoft Wallet..the handy-dandy place to store such things as credit card and bank account information. Since they left so many large holes open..it would simply be stupid to use this at all.

Any attempt that the public makes to fix their mistakes is met with the same reply: "If a really determined hacker wanted to break into the system, they would be able to do it anyway. So, we won't fix any of the holes."
Only after a large virus hits millions of people will they actually release a patch that numerous people have already fixed for their own systems.

In short, every OS that Microsoft makes is a piece of trash. All they do is steal from other companies.....the windows format was simeply a copy of the mac os.....it always was, and it always will be, right up to XP. That's right..they stole the design and features from Apple Inc. for EVERY OS that they have ever made.
They don't care about the end-user. They only care about the all-mighty dollar.

Have a Nice Day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to say but some of the above comments were the biggest pile of misinformed cra.p!
I am deeply into computers this includes software and hardware nomatter who makes it.
Microsofts WinXP OS was the most throughly tested OS for security holes, but yet there are still holes. This is innevitable, and Linux does crash, dont get me wrong i truly believe it is the OS of the future! And DOS is not bug free, Win3.1,Win95,Win98,WinME are all built on DOS and how buggy where those pieces of cra.p! WinME should have been renamed WinBSOD! WinNT,Win2000 and WinXP are the only OS that have even been minutly stable, but with the release of WinXP we have finally got what we deserve, a stable gaming machine!I have been using, WinXP Professional for 4-5months now and i have encountered 0 BSOD, and if thats not stable i dont know what is! I will not deny WinXP has cra.pped out on a few occasions usually because of user fault.
WinXP is the most secure Windows OS avaliable! And all those problems that Microsoft have not fixed, i have found freeware paths which have solved all problems, also if you have a good
firewall like Norton 2002, it will deter all those stupid 2-bit hackers!
Hacked computers are not totally the OS's fault, user stupidity and lack of intelligence are also to blame.
And No Im Not a MicroSoft Wh0re!

-:End of Rant:-

BrunO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom