Crashes

Best answers
Every so often when I am in a game I suddenly am booted back to the screen that is used when you connect to the server in the first place. It always happens after a few moments of playing on a server I joined, and It always happens after more than one other person joins a server that I made. Can some one please help me, I don't know why it does it and I can't see any reasonable explaination. I installed the newest patch of half-life, got the newest version of ESF and got the patch. I don't think its a problem only with the ESF system because DMZ crashes when I try and play that. Can someone please help me, or at least try. Thanks

Best answers
I think I have pinpointed the error. Whenever I am booted a text string shows up that says "Requesting pldecal.wad from the server". What is that? And what can I do to make sure the server recieves my pldecal.wad? Please help, I am very anxious to get into the game.

Best answers
I'll do what i can to help

The file pldecal.wad is just your main spray paint image, which shouldn't really be a problem, the new patch also messed up my friends computer, all i did was change the video mode from OpenGL to direct3d (or vice-versu, can't remember).

Try that, if your running off software, try one of those two. Running off direct3D then try opengl, you get the idea, tell me if that works. I also remember seeing something on the forums of a file that fixed the current version (dunno if it was here or somewhere else, not positive). But yeah give that a shot first and tell me how it works out

C ya

Best answers
Hey, thanks for the help. THe only problem with that is that OpenGL is a better mode. But I fixed that, because they host the file I needed to fix the game on sierra's website. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom