Secrets In levels

Best answers
Why not make secrets in the levels like a secret hideout or somethin or breakable rocks stuff like that just so the player has somethin 2 do while waiting for people to join.

Best answers
...and other objekts would add a lot 2 the gameplay!
It would make it more like the series! Cause their also everything gets broken!
That sounds cool!

Best answers
that would be very cool but the only problem is that the breakable objects might cause lag

Best answers
Enough! Everyone talks just about "Lag", "Lag" and again "Lag". ESF is a game with quite more system requirements than HL or CS. That's a fact. It's not a no-lag-game. There are things (like breakable rocks) that would be really cool, but may cause lags. I suppose it should be rather a better game, than a faster one.
So, breakable rocks would be cooool. I really like that idea. And stop talking about lags everyone!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good idea and I doo agree 1 or 2 breakable items wouldt lagbut in the first to an

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Face it, guys..
Breakable map elements just DON'T work well in Half-Life...
Now..if you want destructable terrain...Red Faction's Geomod system is PERFECT for that..

Of course, it does have its limitations...and those limitations would probably become very apparent in a game such as this..

But..
I figure that if I can carve a tunnel through a wall, it can handle damaging a mountain :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if harsens does amazing coding work on breakable terrian... there might be a chance for it not to lag...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, if harSens has the time to comb and tweak a few thousand lines of code and screw up ESF's compatability with, say Worldcraft, that would Roxor!

It's not that easy to do! harSens is pretty busy right now adding new features, and I'm sure that is at the end of his list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom