Loading error

Best answers
After I have created a multiplayer game, everything seems to load up normally until it hits the map load.

It ****s itself and gives the message "map change failed: '-map filename- ' not found on server"

And when I hit Esc key the next line after above error says "couldn't write to config.cfg"

Also in the mods menu, the Earth's Special Forces mod only shows the size to be 2.0mb, while the others show the correct size.

Any help would be appreciated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont really know, but dont worry much about when it says the file size is wrong, my dod and dmz is 0 mb big lol but they work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would reinstall ESF then if that didnt work redownload it! And if that didnt work reinstall Half-Life and update it then reinstall ESF. Just basic trouble shooting steps as usual.

BrunO

Best answers
i find it funny that if you buy the CS retail and download Esf ..it will work with any verson of it..i downloaded the first patch to fix the Graphics.and thATS all i need ..you never have to update it past then..they have updates..but all the mods will still work on it....and more mods will work on my CS retail than my Half-life ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom